Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you not like about the Beta?

Go down 
+5
HellaPogi
v Wookiee v
Atomic Birthday
whodeycp
ThePublicNME
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

What do you not like about the Beta? Empty
PostSubject: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:33 am

So i's almost over. Man I'm gonna be sad to wait until fukin September for the real game but what did you not like about the Beta?

Lets just say the SOS needs to go and the maps need to be bigger and not small and cramped.

And not turn it into a COD multiplayer which it dam almost is!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 433
GOW cash : 279

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:37 pm

I like almost everything in Gears 3 but there are a few things they need to change. I hate when two opponents take cover on the same thing and you can jump over and kick them back. The person has no defense and is pretty much dead, it needs to go. I wish they would change the torque bow back to the GOW2 torque. I think it is less powerful and does not have as much splash damage. They should change the sniper back to GOW1 and make it a little easier to no scope. That is about it. Other than that, it is pretty much perfect.
Back to top Go down
Atomic Birthday
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Atomic Birthday

Number of posts : 35
GOW cash : 46

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:33 am

cant say im to stoked about the new hammer of dawn. its a bit too powerfull
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:18 am

What map is the Hammer of Dawn on? I haven't found that yet to use it tbh.

All the Machine guns are Over Powered

Sawed-Off has to much of a spread.

Gnasher is amazing until the servers are off, then it's trash.

Frags have to damn much of a range.

Frags suck now when you plant them, could be a good thing.

Smoke Grenades blowing up your frags is retarded.

I like the Sniper can't complain to much.

Torgue Bow I find difficult to use in Gears 3. Idk what it is, never have been to good with it though.

One Shot is amazingly fun.

Digger is kind of annoying but it's your fault if your camping and die by it. Good gun.

Mortar actually useful weapon in this game.

Mulcher same as Mortar it's actually useful.

Maps are a bit to cramped and make it to easy to spawn kill or be spawn killed. Which isn't fun if your the one being spawn killed. Trenches is the worse..

On checkout you can see your shadow threw the walls at a certain time in the map.

Thrashball is an unbalanced map imo, you own the top you can pretty much win.

Old Town, Best map in the Beta imo.

My FULL opinion on the BETA.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:25 am

Atomic Birthday wrote:
cant say im to stoked about the new hammer of dawn. its a bit too powerfull

Really the Hammer of Dawn is in the Beta? I didn't get chance to play today but is there a new map now?
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:26 am

I think he's smoking something.
Back to top Go down
HellaPogi
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
HellaPogi

Number of posts : 60
Gamertag : J is Hella Pogi
GOW cash : 81

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:28 am

Where the hell is the hammer *will get on after this*

IMO I dont think these new things will get removed because these are the new stuff they've worked on.

I do agree SOS is bs it adds a lot more "bitch play" in terms of shooting and running away or even a bail out in the middle of a shotty war.

They kind of tried making it faster than 2 tried attempting to make it like 1 but ended up making it a completely different game, at least from my experience.
Back to top Go down
Atomic Birthday
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Atomic Birthday

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:43 am

well i am smoking somthing but the HOD is in trenches were the mortar used to be as of today tongue
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:49 am

Really? Thats freaking awesome!
Back to top Go down
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:28 am

Atomic Birthday wrote:
well i am smoking somthing but the HOD is in trenches were the mortar used to be as of today tongue

Wow, thats crazy. Can't wait to use it tonight. That is a pretty small map to be having the hammer of dawn. Also, not too many places to hide from that weapon.
Back to top Go down
Atomic Birthday
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Atomic Birthday

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:32 am

whodeycp wrote:
Atomic Birthday wrote:

Wow, thats crazy. Can't wait to use it tonight. That is a pretty small map to be having the hammer of dawn. Also, not too many places to hide from that weapon.

ya who ever has it basically gets a bunch of kills right off the bat. its insanely powerful too.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:42 am

I think the most think I don't like about the Beta is the duration... It should go on for longer lol
Back to top Go down
HellaPogi
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
HellaPogi

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:57 am

^ Same here missing out on a day cuz of a wedding trying to get some games in before I leave lol

Feels kind of nice dressed up and playing video games lol
Back to top Go down
W1Z22
Founding Member
Founding Member
W1Z22

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 568
Gamertag : W1Z22
GOW cash : 518

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:54 pm

i think the maps needed a bit more variety.. idk seems like the gametypes were all boring after only a couple weeks. i am excited for beast mode though..
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:59 pm

yeah and the torque bow tag isn't even that fun i just kept head shotting everyone with it
Back to top Go down
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:48 pm

Lack of game modes is a pain, I loved execution and guardian on gears 2 only really enjoying TDM atm. Torque bow tag seems like an after thought, look at what halo does for variety of game modes, puts gears to shame. Should at least have put wingman in the beta.

Lack of theatre feature (come on epic FFS) every1 loves capturing their best kills/games etc.

Spawning in TDM is a bitch but have some sympathy as I think it's difficult to come up with an easy solution which doesn't result in more problems.

Other small gripes on weapons SOS is necessary for noobs but get annoyed at more experienced players using it, digger could be buffed in terms of ammo and reload speed. Sniper is slightly more difficult now that reticule increases dramatically when moving (ain't broke don't fix it FFS!). HOD is OP.

Lack of dedicated teabagging option on downed opponents (yeah and what if I like to take the piss sometimes)

But defo think they got more right than wrong can't wait for the full game to come out!
Back to top Go down
HellaPogi
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
HellaPogi

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:09 am

For everybody complaining about game modes and maps...its a beta...

We should be happy we got a chance to try it out its hard to bring something new while remaining true to what you've done twice already.

Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:02 pm

yeah i know its a beta and all but if we don't complain how can they improve the game?
Back to top Go down
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:34 am

Losthalo51 wrote:
yeah i know its a beta and all but if we don't complain how can they improve the game?

This is exactly right. We get a chance to tell EPIC what we don't like and they can make a better game. That is what the Beta is for, they collect data and get opinions from the users.
Back to top Go down
HellaPogi
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
HellaPogi

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:49 am

I'm saying complaining about lack of game modes and maps
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:35 am

Now that the Beta is over and I'm missing playing it I'm kinda thinking now there's nothing I didn't like about it lol

Enjoyed the whole Beta Very Happy

My only disapointment I was expecting a new map in the last week but it didn't happen.

Playing with randoms got annoying at times without the communication aspect of it all.

The SOS did my head in more than once but it wasn't so bad that I wouldn't play it again, not a game breaker by any means but still should be a pick up weapon.

The One Shot zooms in too much for me, would be better with different zoom levels although tbh I didn't really use it that much

Spawning was sometimes a problem, not nice just being spawned only to have a mortar land on your head or a group of enemies waiting there for you
Back to top Go down
curby
Aaron Griffin
Aaron Griffin
curby

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 303
Gamertag : curby23
GOW cash : 354

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:43 am

Yeh the hammer of dawn was very easy to get kills with......
I still hate the sawed off!!!
I hope the maps get bigger then i can show my snipe skills off.....
Digger Launcher for me is the best new arrival.....

In fact i cant complain about that much....its awsome.............

Missed untill september....... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you not like about the Beta?   What do you not like about the Beta? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you not like about the Beta?
Page 1 of 1