Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal? Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal?   Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:06 am

In what we're hoping will be the last damn rumour about the next Xbox, Microsoft could be gearing up to announce the demise of the Microsoft Points system following its next-generation reveal at the platform holder's HQ next week. It's thought that details could be unveiled at this year's E3 in June.

According to sources close to The Verge, Microsoft could be planning to adopt proper cash transactions and iTunes-style gift cards, as opposed to the old Points system, whereby you're forced to purchase the currency in bundles of 500, 800, 1000 and so on.

"The new system will work across Microsoft's various marketplaces, including the Windows Store, Windows Phone Store, and Xbox," the report notes. "We understand that Microsoft is planning to unveil the system as soon as E3, with a planned launch later this year in time for the next generation Xbox console."

There have been rumours in the past that Microsoft could ditch its Microsoft Points system, and to date nothing has materialised. Could the advent of a new console present and opportunity to kill off the old MSP? Would you prefer to keep the old Points system or would you rather pay with real money?

[x360a]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal?   Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:09 am

Damn I love the points system. I get everything cheaper by buying 4200 points for around £28 on ebay.

Hope this is just another one of those rumours.
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal?   Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:21 am

Dont think it will be, this is something the fans have been asking for for a few years!

I'm happy either way.
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal?   Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:29 am

I'm ok with it either way....I do usually wait for deals on the point cards, but you can find deals on Itunes cards as well, so I think it would sort itself out either way....plus, the change would eliminate those instances where you've got 30 points (or some other arbitrary amount) left and can't find anything to spend it on.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal?   Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:54 am

Actually I reckon this is a rumour because they've just added loads of stuff to the rewards scheme.
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal?   Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:16 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
Actually I reckon this is a rumour because they've just added loads of stuff to the rewards scheme.

...most likely is just a rumor...usually seems to be the case when it comes to "next-gen console news"... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal?   Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:14 am

Guess we will find out more on 21st May
Back to top Go down
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal?   Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:10 pm

PS4 sounds better and better...got that slowly killed me to type that...
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal?   Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal? Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Points to be Ditched Post-Next Xbox Reveal?
Page 1 of 1