Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day Empty
PostSubject: GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day   GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 1:03 am

"Highest first day retail sales of any title in the history of the company and the Grand Theft Auto series.”

Take-Two has announced that Grand Theft Auto V generated approximately $800 million in sales worldwide during its first 24 hours on sale. According to Take-Two, this marks “the highest first day retail sales of any title in the history of the company and the Grand Theft Auto series.”
Take-Two notes that the figure includes sales across both platforms in all territories, but added that GTA 5 has not yet launched in Japan or Brazil.
"All of us at Take-Two are thrilled with the initial response to Grand Theft Auto V,” said Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick. “Once again, the team at Rockstar Games have outdone themselves, setting the entertainment industry's new standard for creativity, innovation and excellence. Beginning at midnight on Monday, consumers around the world gathered in anticipation to be among the first to experience the evolution of this remarkable series. In North America alone, more than 8,300 stores opened their doors at midnight to welcome fans whose loyalty and enthusiasm were rewarded with what The New York Times called 'the most immersive spectacle in interactive entertainment'. We are incredibly proud of Rockstar Games' creative achievement and could not be more pleased with the success of this launch."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day   GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 3:05 am

I was one of those guys that got my copy at midnight lol. And it was the $158 Collectors Edition lol. Sweet find. R* deserved every penny
Back to top Go down
http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day   GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:10 am

Yeah, I contributed my fair share by purchasing the collector's edition as well....lol
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day   GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Do you guys think it was worth it?

It's £120 ($190) in the U.K., which I thought was pretty shocking considering what you get.
Back to top Go down
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day   GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Yeah what Publik said, plus what do you get with it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day   GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:14 am

The hat and money bag were actually a lot higher quality than I was expecting....as far as being "worth it," I guess that just depends on whether or not you want to spend the extra scratch...I didn't feel like was cheated, so I guess that would make it "worth it" in my book.
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day   GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:50 am

Man i would have paid the $158 bucks for the game alone *that is what it was down here you guys must have a bigger tax or something =-/*. But it came with a sick hat, which i wear all the time, the Security Deposit bag that i keep my gold $1 coins in now, and all the exclusive DLC. I think it was totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day   GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Mmmm seems a bit pricey just to have a hat and money bag. Even if you add in the DLC it's not worth the price it is over here.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day   GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:58 pm

Yeah £90 and I'd have been all over it. Then again they're sold out so they made their money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day   GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day Empty

Back to top Go down

GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day
Page 1 of 1