Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide   Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:51 am

Microsoft and Epic Games today announced Gears of War 3 surpassed one million worldwide pre-orders, making it the fastest pre-ordered Xbox exclusive title to reach this milestone in the history of the platform. Launching Sept. 20, 2011 , Gears of War 3 marks the conclusion of one of the most renowned sagas in video game history, and fans are already lining up to join Marcus Fenix and his fellow COG soldiers in humanity’s final stand against the parasitic Lambent and savage Locust threats.

“Consumer demand for Gears of War 3 has been incredible,” said Bob McKenzie, Senior VP of Merchandising at GameStop. “It is one of the few times in our history that we’ve seen a title hit this level of pre-order numbers four months out from launch, putting Gears of War 3 on track to be one of the year’s biggest blockbuster gaming hits.”

Helping propel Gears of War 3 pre-orders worldwide, 1.29 million fans from more than 143 countries answered the call to join the Gears of War 3 public multiplayer beta. Featuring three distinct gameplay modes across four news maps while running on dedicated servers for the first time, the multiplayer beta concluded on Sunday, May 15 with fans collectively logging more than 249 years worth of gameplay over Xbox LIVE.

“An overwhelming success – we can’t thank the fans enough,” said Epic Games Design Director Cliff Bleszinski. “While the beta was a fun way to give players an early taste of our game, it also provided us with invaluable feedback to help us refine and polish Gears of War 3 to ensure it’s truly the culmination of the trilogy we promised to the fans.”

Over the course of four weeks, fans played more than 11 million multiplayer matches, earning ribbons and medals, unlocking weapon skins and finishing off enemies with countless new execution moves, among other incredible feats:

* 1.29M people participated in the Beta
* 145 different countries participated in the beta
* 249 years worth of matches played
* More than 11 million matches completed
* More than 927 million kills recorded
* More than 131 million executions performed
* More than 23 million deaths by chainsaw
* Nearly 23 BILLION bullets fired
* 4.9B ribbons and 291M medals earned
* 435K people earned the Beta exclusive Thrashball Cole skin to use in the retail game when it launches in September
* 234K people earned the Beta exclusive Gold Retro Lancer to use in the retail game when it launches in September

Source: Official Gears of War site
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide   Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:57 am

that is some crazy stats O.o 249 years worth of matches played xD
Back to top Go down
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

Number of posts : 433
GOW cash : 279

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide   Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:12 am

These are some good stats. Thanks Ninja. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide   Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:25 am

I'm glad to be part of those stats Very Happy I think out of the 927 millions kills I contributed about 40% of that... No I'm just joking it was about 30%

Also part of the 2 unlock stats Very Happy

Didn't seem to be 1.29 million playing the Beta (I know it's overall) I think the most online was 60k at a time and I played it pretty much everyday (except the first week).
Back to top Go down
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

Number of posts : 433
GOW cash : 279

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide   Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:52 am

It is crazy to think that many people were online playing the beta. I thought you contributed to 50% of the kills. lol!
Back to top Go down
MXrider13
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
MXrider13

Number of posts : 69
GOW cash : 127

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide   Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Wow, thats some stats the most preordered game!
Back to top Go down
W1Z22
Founding Member
Founding Member
W1Z22

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 568
Gamertag : W1Z22
GOW cash : 518

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide   Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:55 pm

yay im 1in234,000 who got the gold Wink
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide   Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:55 am

It's crazy how they get these stats I mean nearly 29 billion bullets fired how do they even log that kind of thing surely it's an estimate or guess or do they really register every bullet fired! Sounds a bit to crazy to me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide   Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide Empty

Back to top Go down

Gears of War 3 pre-orders top one million worldwide
Page 1 of 1