Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)

Go down 
+5
FriskyMandingo
Torque
ThePublicNME
Mike NFCT
foREVer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 141
Gamertag : nightm4RE19
GOW cash : 320

Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) Empty
PostSubject: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:56 pm

I've started my insane run a while ago and I'm stuck at the end of hijack on act two when your trying to get on the gas barge and the queens guards start rappelling down from it. It wouldnt be a problem if they didint have boom shot turrets on the gas barge so does anyone have any tips on how to dodge them or where to take cover? Any help would be appreciated. BTW I'm doing this solo.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:49 am

foREVer wrote:
I've started my insane run a while ago and I'm stuck at the end of hijack on act two when your trying to get on the gas barge and the queens guards start rappelling down from it. It wouldnt be a problem if they didint have boom shot turrets on the gas barge so does anyone have any tips on how to dodge them or where to take cover? Any help would be appreciated. BTW I'm doing this solo.

My best advice. Don't do it solo. Now that is insane!
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:53 am

You could join players who are doing it on casual and they will take them out easily so you can hang back on parts like that. Different players can play it on different difficulty settings so using that info can help when playing it on insane
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:00 am

Ninja wrote:
You could join players who are doing it on casual and they will take them out easily so you can hang back on parts like that. Different players can play it on different difficulty settings so using that info can help when playing it on insane

That worked for two, but I did not see how that was possible thsi time. Maybe cause we did it Arcade from the same lobby. Not fair to score people based on different levels of difficulty, right?

Do it 4 player co-op and Arcade. You get 25 seconds to respawn. If your whole team doesn't die, you'll just keep progressing through checkpoints. In regular if a player dies, you have to start the whole chapter over/ nearest checkpoint
Back to top Go down
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:10 am

I only wanted to play it in co-op as a last resort because doing it in solo is a true accomplishment, not that doing it in co-op isn't but I'll give it a few more tries in solo and if that doesn't work out I'll do it co-op.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:31 pm

foREVer wrote:
I only wanted to play it in co-op as a last resort because doing it in solo is a true accomplishment, not that doing it in co-op isn't but I'll give it a few more tries in solo and if that doesn't work out I'll do it co-op.

I'm afraid it can't be done solo...it was tested and designed to be played 4 players. It would be pure insanity to play even Act 2 chapter 1 by oneself. Pure insanity! That one scene with the snipers, boltok pistols, and digger launchers is so cheasy---I'm sure they did not test if that could be done solo, without being in possession of many lives (via Arcade mode) and hence grenades, and a Sniper rifle.

How did you do it?!
Back to top Go down
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:49 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
foREVer wrote:

I'm afraid it can't be done solo...it was tested and designed to be played 4 players. It would be pure insanity to play even Act 2 chapter 1 by oneself. Pure insanity! That one scene with the snipers, boltok pistols, and digger launchers is so cheasy---I'm sure they did not test if that could be done solo, without being in possession of many lives (via Arcade mode) and hence grenades, and a Sniper rifle.

How did you do it?!

Everything was pretty easy up until hijack, even fighting the brumak wasn't that hard. I almost passed hijack today, I got far enough to get the gas barge to go down to my level all I had to do was kill 6 more guards but I couldn't find any cover in time so I got hit by a torque bow and died. I know there will be some part's that I won't be able pass in solo but I think the majority of the game can be done solo.
Back to top Go down
Torque
New Recruit
New Recruit
Torque

Number of posts : 1
GOW cash : 1

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:31 am

I did it on insane solo . You just got to make sure you stay out of sight of the 2 ' boom shot turrets' on the front an the back of the ship . best way to do that is to stay on the other side of the building in the centre . You can then shoot the dropping guards ( on the other side of the building ) with the torque bow . That did the trick for me .
Back to top Go down
FriskyMandingo
New Recruit
New Recruit
FriskyMandingo

Number of posts : 16
Gamertag : FriskyMandingo
GOW cash : 26

PostSubject: Good Strategy   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:00 pm

Keep the top cover between you and the barge and use the torque bow and plant incindiary grenades to take out a group when you eed to grab ammo. thats how i did it.
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:06 am

FriskyMandingo wrote:
Keep the top cover between you and the barge and use the torque bow and plant incindiary grenades to take out a group when you eed to grab ammo. thats how i did it.

This ftw - exactly how I did it too....
Back to top Go down
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Vambo

Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:24 pm

I use the guards as meatshields which saves you from a direct hit from the barge.
Back to top Go down
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:48 am

Thanks for all the advise guys, I going to try it again today. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:16 pm

Keep circling in cover and pray.
Back to top Go down
Ransolo
New Recruit
New Recruit
Ransolo

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 18
Gamertag : Ransolo
GOW cash : 22

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:21 am

I did it solo. Take cover behind each post and keep circling. try to keep the barge in front of you but stay in cover. Use a torque bow and blow the crap out of each guard that drops. Only two drop at once so it is pretty easy. Rinse repeat I think 5 times and done...... I kept the Torque Bow handy for the entire campaign. Especially useful on Armored Kantus. Two shot kills . One to the torso make him scream the one to the head.
Back to top Go down
http://ransolo.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)   Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Any tips for the chapter "Hijack" on Insane? (Spoilers?)
Page 1 of 1