Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Insane=untested? [some spoilers]

Go down 
+4
Onyx Hammerburst
scheezy
ThePublicNME
Mike NFCT
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

Insane=untested? [some spoilers] Empty
PostSubject: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:08 am

This past weekend me and 3 other NFCT, completed the campaign on Insane. It was challenging and fun most of the way, but some of the end-chapter battles/ boss sequences seemed too difficulty, unfair, and overall seemed to lack sufficient testing.

For example. There was a sequence towards the end where we were trapped in an elevator with a Gunker, and the dev team doesn't seem to consider the possibility that we might not have grenades, or lancers. Hammerburst and shotguns will not due in most situation on insane. On insane, not having a lancer vs the human lambent zombies can spell certain death of the entire squad.

We wound up prevailing through all Acts/chapters on Insane (even the seemingly impossible task of taking down the Lambent Beserker), however we had to resort to using Mutators for the final boss fight, against the Queen. Why? Well bc it's nearly impossible if not impossible. The Theron guards flood endlessly, and on your back, which is cheap. Having 3 dedicated to the task of dealing with the Therons still doesn't work, because they are very strong, accurate, and never stop spawning. That said, one player isn't enough to stop the Queen from ending the battle by breaking through the tower. So after 2 hours of this frustrating battle, I went and ran a google search to see what others had done. It turns out that many experienced the same problems we had, and also came up with the same mildly effective strategies. People are raging all over the internet about this being impossible, and I got to say I agree. It's stupid to have to rely on Mutators to beat a final boss. It was very anticlimactic for me, and took some of the usual happiness out of receiving 4 achievements worth 200 points.

Last edited by Mike NFCT on Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:34 am

BTW I don't whore achievements, but do occasionally like to nab a few challenging ones, if the challenge is within reason. That is, DeadSpace 2 Zealot cheevo is a no go by my standards, due to Normal being insanely hard as is...
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 3:59 am

I'm not looking forward to a few parts of campaign on insane I thought the Lambent Berserker bit would be the most frustrating bit but sounds like the end is 10 times worse than that affraid

Manage to whizz from Act 1 on insane but there's nothing really challenging other than the Gunkers you face to help out the stranded. The splash damage is instant death!

Also added spoiler tags to the thread title
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
scheezy
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
scheezy

Number of posts : 47
Gamertag : ScHeEzY
GOW cash : 67

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:27 am

ohhh, i can't wait! haha
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:49 am

scheezy wrote:
ohhh, i can't wait! haha

Sadistic much? This ending is more punishing then Demon's Souls
Back to top Go down
scheezy
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
scheezy

Number of posts : 47
Gamertag : ScHeEzY
GOW cash : 67

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:24 am

no way, really? for some reason i love trying at a game with friends for hours at a time. i know it's not that great of a game, but i remember one of the bosses on star wars: force unleashed 2 on the highest difficulty took me a couple of days, but i didn't have any teammates for that one.
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:01 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
BTW I don't whore achievements, but do occasionally like to nab a few challenging ones, if the challenge is within reason. That is, DeadSpace 2 Zealot cheevo is a no go by my standards, due to Normal being insanely hard as is...

My brother has got every achievement on Dead Space 1 and 2 but the ones on Hardcore (Or whatever it is that you get 3 Saves.) and done Zealot tons of times.

And I agree that the boss fight at the end is extremely hard on Insane. Funny how with 4 People it took 30 Minutes or more on Normal and just me and my brother on Hardcore around 10-15 With only one death. Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:25 am

Onyx Hammerburst wrote:
Mike NFCT wrote:

My brother has got every achievement on Dead Space 1 and 2 but the ones on Hardcore (Or whatever it is that you get 3 Saves.) and done Zealot tons of times.

And I agree that the boss fight at the end is extremely hard on Insane. Funny how with 4 People it took 30 Minutes or more on Normal and just me and my brother on Hardcore around 10-15 With only one death. Lol.

But you used Mutators too right?
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:29 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
Onyx Hammerburst wrote:
Mike NFCT wrote:

But you used Mutators too right?

Nope. Tried it with my brother and we got close to what we believed would be the end after 40 Minutes. But the Palace Guards kept us back from victory.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
DeImmortalis
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
DeImmortalis

Number of posts : 112
Gamertag : DeImmortalis
GOW cash : 142

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:05 pm

I too noticed some odd bitsin huge battles like a drone getting a lucky pistol shot off from the other side of map after I pawned a entire army... Cheap kills lol the zerker was hard I was on my own started a public run and a big thanks goes to the guys that helped I find insane you need 4 people and its cheap but I found a good way is to keep one of you back that way if three go down the fourth can back track camp run around screaming etc for 30 secs waiting for the others to respawn.

I am not looking forward to the bunker in elevator one bit lol
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

Clan : MNM
Number of posts : 292
Gamertag : Asphalt Mayhem
GOW cash : 318

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Good luck to guys doing the insane.

It gets tough at times especially being killed from someone on otherside of the map or waiting to respawn praying that the player/players stay alive lol
Back to top Go down
tymboslycebouncez
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
tymboslycebouncez

Number of posts : 88
Gamertag : n33dWaLLz2PLaY
GOW cash : 102

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 2:12 am

i have been dreading the myrrah fight since i stated the prolouge on insane LOL. but already made it to act 5. will be on tonight if anybody wants to join me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tymboslyce
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 2:28 am

tymboslycebouncez wrote:
i have been dreading the myrrah fight since i stated the prolouge on insane LOL. but already made it to act 5. will be on tonight if anybody wants to join me.

What time you thinking?
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 4:18 am

No time is a good time to face Myrrah. Especially when she's insane lmao
Back to top Go down
tymboslycebouncez
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
tymboslycebouncez

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 4:58 am

Asphalt Mayhem wrote:
tymboslycebouncez wrote:

What time you thinking?

9:30 PM sharp. starting act 5 chapter 1. want to get the whole thing done 2nite but i dunno if that is possible from what ive been hearing about da myrrah cunt lol
Back to top Go down
tymboslycebouncez
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
tymboslycebouncez

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:09 am

so far my insane experience hasn't been too terrible. the berserker fight was rather annoying than hard. took us about 30 mins to beat. the formers weren't as bad as i dreaded but the one part in act 4 i think either chapter 4 or 5 where you're in the cave and have to go up a hill and the stalks come up and send every enemy damn near in the game at u had to be replayed at least 20 times. wretches, drones, lambents, headsnakes, etc. i have to say by far THAT is the hardest part in the game so far. we got back up in the cave so bad, it wasn't even funny. talking about running around praying the last person doesn't die. so thankful for a checkpoint after we finally passed that part......and no we dont suck lol.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Sorry I wasn't on Gears last night. Got stuck playing Borderlands in my quest of cheevo hunting from scratch on a new account lol.
Back to top Go down
tymboslycebouncez
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
tymboslycebouncez

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 2:04 am

its cool. only thing i have left now is da myrrah fight. goin for da "campaign completion on 4 player co op" achievement and the "campaign completion on insane" acheevo which will give me the "campaign completion on hardcore acheevo as well". only thing i left to do is da myrrah fight which i am still dreading. will be on tonight if anybody wants to join.
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:29 am

Asphalt Mayhem wrote:
Sorry I wasn't on Gears last night. Got stuck playing Borderlands in my quest of cheevo hunting from scratch on a new account lol.

Wouldn't mind getting some extra cheevos on Borderlands with you at some point mate! Saw you on it last night and almost joined you lol

Definitely want some of that cheevo action!
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

mutlien wrote:
Asphalt Mayhem wrote:

Wouldn't mind getting some extra cheevos on Borderlands with you at some point mate! Saw you on it last night and almost joined you lol

You should have joined last night bro, we finished the normal 1000G campaign in under 11 hours & making our way through the DLC packs now.

Just join next time, your more than welcome
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:18 am

Asphalt Mayhem wrote:
mutlien wrote:
Asphalt Mayhem wrote:

You should have joined last night bro, we finished the normal 1000G campaign in under 11 hours & making our way through the DLC packs now.

Will do - I still haven't finished it yet - got sidetracked with other things.

I'm not going to be around on Xbox for a few days - got loads going on at home decorating etc so I'll give you a shout when I'm back on!
Back to top Go down
tymboslycebouncez
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
tymboslycebouncez

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:39 am

i finally have the pride and joy of after about 2 hours, we finally beat myrrah. god her fight was hard, or either my teammates sucked. anyway, got my achievements and my skins. one of the first people wit em so im showin them off.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:49 am

tymboslycebouncez wrote:
i finally have the pride and joy of after about 2 hours, we finally beat myrrah. god her fight was hard, or either my teammates sucked. anyway, got my achievements and my skins. one of the first people wit em so im showin them off.

Congratulations mate.

I got lucky as I came across alot of good players on this forum that helped me even though they had done the campaign already. Ended up being a great laugh & although we died at certain points, it was a great laugh.
Back to top Go down
Asphalt Mayhem
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
Asphalt Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:51 am

mutlien wrote:
Asphalt Mayhem wrote:
mutlien wrote:
Asphalt Mayhem wrote:

Will do - I still haven't finished it yet - got sidetracked with other things.

I'm not going to be around on Xbox for a few days - got loads going on at home decorating etc so I'll give you a shout when I'm back on!

Deffo mate, I leveled my mate up within 3 hours to level 42 as Im on playthrough 2.5

DLC are rather fun especially the Secret armoury pack lol
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:18 am

Yeah, Congrats on the Insane run dude!

Asphalt: Love what I've seen of the DLC - played through the Halloween themed one (can't remember the name of it) - I got bored of the campaign I seem to remember - up against some really tough guards who were super accurate and it did my head in lol

Will definitely do a run through with you though - I never really played it with others online, that's maybe why I got bored?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insane=untested? [some spoilers]   Insane=untested? [some spoilers] Empty

Back to top Go down

Insane=untested? [some spoilers]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next