Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things YOU like and dislike?

Go down 
+7
Cyberote
Onyx Hammerburst
The Wooden Mask
ClayCarmine
foREVer
dudemaster12
YOUNG MONEY 511
11 posters
AuthorMessage
YOUNG MONEY 511
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
YOUNG MONEY 511

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 238
GOW cash : 101

Things YOU like and dislike? Empty
PostSubject: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:18 am

LIKE:

1. Graphics are better

Horde is better (more challenging)

The sawed of shot gun

New Characters to the group

Dislike:

1. Not a very good campaign as it was the last game they could have made an effort

Characters are boring- whats the point in having characters who have no real part in the story e.g jace

They may as well have not brought a carmine into it, as they didnt reveal his character much which would have been nice.

Not a big step up in weapons... they could have added more weapons tbh

Nothing about the game is mind blowing at all, good game nowhere near amazing.

please list yours

Back to top Go down
dudemaster12
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
dudemaster12

Number of posts : 67
Gamertag : Dudemaster12
GOW cash : 82

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:58 am

I haven't finished the Campaign yet, I should have it done tonight if I get the chance but I agree that it doesn't feel anywhere near as epic as the other campaigns. It is good, but not...astounding. There haven't been many parts where I have thought, "This is so cool/ groundbreaking/ unique" like I did in the other games.

Horde 2.0 I love the additions they made. They have lead the way with the "survival" game mode and this can be seen since most people refer to other games survival modes as horde mode, or "like horde mode"

Different skins for main characters are just fun for more variety

Weapon skins. I was always jealous of people that had a Golden Lancer or Hammer Burst in GoW2 and now there is even more variety and it gives me another thing to aim for (New unlocks)

I love the graphics and how much the mouths match what they are saying.

Dislikes: C. Carmine. I love the Carmine factor and the thought of a big awesome Carmine was very appealing since I always play a Carmine in MP on Gears 1 and 2. 1 act away from completion I know nothing about him. I read Aspho Fields and JR but nothing else, no comics or graphic novels so unless he is mentioned in those he is an empty slate. He has tattoos with his brothers names on them and a chest piece that says "Grub Killer." They made such a big deal about Save Carmine or Kill Carmine but he doesn't seem important at all. I want info on him.

Agreed on the pointless characters who are just there to make 4 player co-op possible. Jace is possibly the dumbest character I have seen in a while. It's like they decided they needed a token black character in the game but didn't want to make him a worthwhile character. Cole could have been a token character in the first game but he became an amazing character because they made him someone. He is a famous thrashball player and has a personality. He doesn't just say "Damn, Marcus"

I still love the game though, more positives than negatives IMHO
Back to top Go down
YOUNG MONEY 511
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
YOUNG MONEY 511

Number of posts : 238
GOW cash : 101

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 9:37 am

you are so right about jace tbh
Back to top Go down
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

Number of posts : 141
Gamertag : nightm4RE19
GOW cash : 320

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:33 am

Horde 2.0 is really fun and entertaining.

Beast mode is unique and challenging but I think there shouldn't be such a tight time limit to complete a wave because then I can't really enjoy all of the different beast's to choose from.

The graphics.

TDM, I liked warzone but I didn't like it that even if you made one mistake you'd have to spectate for the rest of the match. TDM is my favorite.

Dislikes: The campaign was pretty short and the ending wasn't really surprising, gears 2 campaign was better IMO. It seemed a little like what Call of duty games are now, Not focusing on the story, but putting a lot of features into the multiplayer.

Clayton carmine hardly had anything to do with the game and I didn't learn anything about him.

Griffin also didn't play a big part, I completely forgot about him until the beginning of act 4. They talked about him so much at E3 and then he was in for 2 chapters and that was it.

A.I, I tried out a private match just to see what the bots are like, In warzone I got killed on purpose and spectated on a bot half the time it was standing behind cover and aiming at the ground. Then two enemies started running towards it so the bot decided to throw a smoke grenade and get killed. Seemed like a down grade from the bots gears 2 and even those one's weren't very good.

So mostly complaints about the campaign but not a reason to not buy the game.
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Online is a big improvement from gears 2 and horde 2.0 has been the best addition and improvement, saves you having to sprint for boomshields before the wave ends.

Like/dislike: I thought the campaign was better as I enjoyed facing the new enemies and i thought the missions were more action-packed but the ending was absolutely god awful, I mean waiting so so long for this game, the finale and they end it like that, epic should have made more of a bloody effort.

Dislike: Potentially the multiplayer can be ruined because of the sawed-off. I prefer the gnashed but I've had to resort to the sawed-off because of how many people use it.
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:11 pm

I like pretty much everything about the game, sep for the fact that you get no information what-so-ever about Carmine or Jace, id like to know where they came into the picture and such. And your all right, the storyline could have been spruced up. I also feel they should make another game for inbetween 2-3 explaining what was happening right after Jacinto sunk, and how Jace and Carmine came into the picture.
Back to top Go down
http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

Number of posts : 141
Gamertag : nightm4RE19
GOW cash : 320

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:24 pm

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
I like pretty much everything about the game, sep for the fact that you get no information what-so-ever about Carmine or Jace, id like to know where they came into the picture and such. And your all right, the storyline could have been spruced up. I also feel they should make another game for inbetween 2-3 explaining what was happening right after Jacinto sunk, and how Jace and Carmine came into the picture.

Well there is a book called jacintos remnant that's takes place right after the sinking of jacinto but I would want a game that takes place then too.
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 pm

foREVer wrote:
BadOmenYourWay wrote:

Well there is a book called jacintos remnant that's takes place right after the sinking of jacinto but I would want a game that takes place then too.

Before the Sovereign left Vectes and just after the sinking of Jacinto. Sounds good IMO.

Anyway, I like just about everything. Other than Multiplayer and the Shotgun madness which comes with it. Only dislikes are bad teammates, People who don't revive, Killstealers and the Tempest on Insane.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
Cyberote
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Cyberote

Number of posts : 25
Gamertag : Cyberote
GOW cash : 29

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:31 am

-Graphics and level of detail are amazing. People often run right through a game and don't even care about their surroundings. It takes a lot of time and effort to make these great levels and I don't think the artists get enough credit to be honest.

-Lots of multiplayer characters and things to unlock. Gives the game a LOT more replayability for single player bot raping dorks like me lol

-Fun multiplayer modes such as TDM, Horde 2.0 and Beast. It's fun playing as a Ticker!

-Samantha is awesome. It's great to see Anya fighting as well.

Dislikes:
-No General RAAM or Kim in multiplayer! Instead we have to wait till November and then pay for them! >Neutral

-Single player campaign on Insane is impossible! I didn't have much trouble alone on Hardcore, but Insane is... well Insane!

-Bernie wasn't all that big. In Aspho Fields, they call her "Boomer Lady" for a reason!

-Campaign is a bit lacking. Cliff Blezinski said that it would answer all questions we had, but imo, it just raised even more.
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:44 am

-Horde 2.0
-Campaign
-Weapon Skins
-Graphics

In the middle

-Multiplayer it's fun it's just not Great. Can't see myself playing this game for 2-3 years like Gears 2.

Dislike

-Sawed-Off Why? Scrub gun takes no skill to use it.
-Over powered assault rifles Why? Explained this multiple times, don't argue with me, I don't care to hear your argument about it.. It will just make me mad
-Casual mode Why? Learn how to play the way everyone else did.. Get shot a few times learn the tricks and you'll actually get better.

Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:05 am

Mister_Wookiee wrote:

don't argue with me, I don't care to hear your argument about it.. It will just make me mad

Argument Why? A mind changed against its will is of the same mind still.
Back to top Go down
mike123
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 4
GOW cash : 10

PostSubject: Sawed off/overpowered hammerburst and retro lancer   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:57 pm

I agree with wookie, overpowered assault rifles have ruined this game, especially when u get froze up from the damn bullets. I have been downed by a few bullets from retro before. WAY WAY WAY to powerful. I don't need to even say anything about sawed off, if u have played gears 3 u know how much it sucks. Wingman has been ruined from sawedoff/retro/hammerburst. But i will, as if sawed off would not have been bad enough by being an insta kill campers weapon at melee range, it kills u from rediculous ranges way further than melee range. And TDM aswell as all your retarded team mates get destroyed by nerd clans all using their rediculous overpowered rifles shooting u at every direction possible. Warzone/execution have been put down to 3 rounds? that crap is so short, it should be like first to 6. both characters dying is annoying as crap. Their should be a gamemode where only regular lancer/gnasher are spawned with, otherwise this game is going to loose all of it's pro players and only a few retards will be playing it thinking they are so good. Gears is gnasher. The power of hammerburst in gears 2 was the most power a rifle should ever get in gears/ it was perfect. I checked how many players are playing worldwide and it is pathetic and getting lower. I love the gameplay and the gnasher gameplay aswell but those weapons have ruined a perfect game. Pistol is about 1/3 too powerful aswell. Gay\EPIC u r going to have a whole bunch of noobs playing this game and no pros. U R lossing us and u don't have much time to fix it. What r u thinking. Make a Pro Multiplayer mode now and take into consideration all the truth above. Everybody i know hates the power of these weapons and the sawed off. I used to be able to play gears 1 and 2 by myself and have a great time. I can`t do that for gears 3. I can manage to squeeze a bit of fun out of the game if i play with some friends who r also getting sick of this crap, but we r finished, fed up and bored of camping to win games. That is what gears is now, u should rename it CAMP OF WAR 3: EXCLUSIVE CRAP EDITION. Everygame is disgusting camping lancer battles with sawed off campers YAHHN. fags.
Back to top Go down
Congreth
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Congreth

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : Congreth
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:19 am

Likes -

1. Best Multiplayer in the Trilogy (In my opinion)
2. Better Graphics (a given)
3. Controls more fluent
4. Ribbon/Medal system
5. No Host Advantage
6. No 15 minute wait times when match making
7. Campaign was fun, great length, offers multiple challenges, 4 player coop
8. More Co-Op modes (Beast/Horde)

Dislikes -

1. Some Beta Skins didn't actually carry over for me Sad
2. ...not sure really, this game compared to Gears 2 just seems far more solid, I really have nothing to complain about
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things YOU like and dislike?   Things YOU like and dislike? Empty

Back to top Go down

Things YOU like and dislike?
Page 1 of 1