Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idea: Weapons Skin DLC

Go down 
+5
Bkhapp3yfac3
Mike NFCT
MrElitE
foREVer
Onyx Hammerburst
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

Idea: Weapons Skin DLC Empty
PostSubject: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:57 am

Since I <3 the Weapon Skins of the game. I thought of this. Now I warn you, It's silly and dumb. But if you are willing to read on then do so at your own risk.

We all know the Cute Pink Skin right? Well it's just a pink skin on any gun. Though I believe it has some shades of darker pink as stripes. Anyway, That's one colour. Imagine a Weapon Skin pack that gave you stuff like a yellow skin just like it, But yellow. Now add on other colours like white, Black, Red, Green, Blue and so on. Though I don't know if it's possible, But who knows.

And I haven't gotten a name for such a dumb idea yet. Soooooooo.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

Number of posts : 141
Gamertag : nightm4RE19
GOW cash : 320

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:49 pm

I don't see what's dumb about, A skin that has the same pattern but a different color sounds pretty cool, But wasn't the skin called deadly pink? Maybe the yellow one could be called banana yellow. Smile
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:13 pm

foREVer wrote:
I don't see what's dumb about, A skin that has the same pattern but a different color sounds pretty cool, But wasn't the skin called deadly pink? Maybe the yellow one could be called banana yellow. Smile

I keep getting mixed up with stuff. It probably is Deadly Cute. Lol.
Back to top Go down
MrElitE
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
MrElitE

Number of posts : 33
Gamertag : Hiro0o
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:01 am

Sounds like a pretty dope Idea, have been looking forward to some new skins. Sure they will release some with the dlc
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:08 pm

When I initially read this, it seemed to me like you wanted a DLC that's a "Skin Creator." EPIC could easily charge $15 dollars for a skin editor, and mostly all of us would buy it.
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
When I initially read this, it seemed to me like you wanted a DLC that's a "Skin Creator." EPIC could easily charge $15 dollars for a skin editor, and mostly all of us would buy it.

Indeed. I spent AGES Working on Elite rank for Rainbow Six Vegas 2 to get the camouflage creator, Seriously. I would like one on this but maybe it is just plain colours, Stripes, Camo (Like Desert), Digital, Shiny. Whilst animated or others for example Haze or Flower was actual DLC.
Back to top Go down
Bkhapp3yfac3
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bkhapp3yfac3

Number of posts : 9
Gamertag : Bkhapp3yfac3
GOW cash : 11

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:34 am

Id like them to make it so u can choose different colors but with the same type of skin.
Just more variety in the game cuz most i see is gold and red omens.
I want to be able to make my omen skin green. Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:34 am

Fart Cloud effect, with flies buzzing around the barrel! Yes! Any takers?
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:56 am

It would be good if EPIC had a competition where thousands of people could design a skin and send it in and EPIC could choose the best skins and put them on the marketplace.
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:38 am

hmm... roll with me here, a Retro look for all guns, making them look rusted with older wood and where lights *such as the front of the sawed off* are cracked and dimmer looking, sound cool?
Back to top Go down
http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:43 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
hmm... roll with me here, a Retro look for all guns, making them look rusted with older wood and where lights *such as the front of the sawed off* are cracked and dimmer looking, sound cool?
Not doing it for me mate, sorry Neutral
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:44 am

I still think all skins should be free.. It's retarded to have to pay for a color.

Perhaps they should just add a feature where you can customize your gun to your liking.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:49 am

Dang... I had a plot behind that weapon skin too... Not all the weapons you would find while scavenging around in Sera would be all perfect and such, like if you find a Lancer/Hammerburst beside a old rotten corpse it would not be shiny and new
Back to top Go down
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi
The Wooden Mask

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:51 am

And i agree with what Mister Wookiee said, for just a color on a gun they are way to expencive, should be free or at least cheeper like the Omen for the lancer *80 points* or have a custom weapon editor download where you can add graphics and such to your guns.
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Mister_Wookiee wrote:
I still think all skins should be free.. It's retarded to have to pay for a color.

Perhaps they should just add a feature where you can customize your gun to your liking.
well making skins takes some work, so paying for them isn't a bad thing just should of been cheaper is all
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Losthalo51 wrote:
Mister_Wookiee wrote:

well making skins takes some work, so paying for them isn't a bad thing just should of been cheaper is all
I agree with you losthalo.
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:01 am

ClayCarmine wrote:
Losthalo51 wrote:
Mister_Wookiee wrote:

I agree with you losthalo.

As do I.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea: Weapons Skin DLC   Idea: Weapons Skin DLC Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea: Weapons Skin DLC
Page 1 of 1