Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.

Go down 
+9
ClayCarmine
nulgath
GreasedUpKoala
Skagdrew
MrElitE
Onyx Hammerburst
Chaz665(SA)
Mike NFCT
Tea Chugger
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Tea Chugger
New Recruit
New Recruit
Tea Chugger

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 12
Gamertag : Tea Chugger666
GOW cash : 18

I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. Empty
PostSubject: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Ever since I just unlocked the Kantus ive been in so many matches with other people playing as Kantus. >.>

I love the Kantus, it is so different and epic looking. Part of the reason why I wanted this character so badly is because I wanted to stand out from the other players by playing a less common character.

Anyone else have the same problem? playing with people with the exact same character as you? I know I had this problem with the Theron Guard too.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Make a clan like I have, and then set designated characters. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:03 am

Yeah, there is not really enough veriety to avoid this happening. I like playing as the Queen and the other day I was in a match with an entire team of queens.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:05 am

Chaz665(SA) wrote:
I was in a match with an entire team of queens.

bounce
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:11 am

LOL, I see what I inadvertently did there... queen
Back to top Go down
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear
Onyx Hammerburst

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:06 am

I stick to Flame Grenadier since I have yet to see another. But I don't really give a damn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
MrElitE
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
MrElitE

Number of posts : 33
Gamertag : Hiro0o
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:17 am

Yeah, that does annoy me, but I live on.
Back to top Go down
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 3:13 am

I love it when an opposing team uses different characters because u can recognise opponents, so you know there loadouts, behaviours etc. It would be a nice feature if som customisation on character models. But there is probly as much chance of that as them releasing a quagmire skin (family guy) who shouts GIGIDDY GIGGDY! for every active reload.
Back to top Go down
Tea Chugger
New Recruit
New Recruit
Tea Chugger

Number of posts : 12
Gamertag : Tea Chugger666
GOW cash : 18

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:21 am

In a way I wish there was a secondary preferred player.
So lets say it works like this.
Preferred character 1: Kantus
Preferred character 2: Savage Grenadier

If there was already a Kantus in the match, then you would be your secondary preferred character the Savage Grenadier.

Now for Locust it isn't that bad when there is two of the same characters in a match unless there is more then one players being Queen Myrrah. There is only one Queen Myrrah in the story so it looks a bit silly when there is 2+ Queen Myrrah running around. Where as for things like Savage Grenadiers, there is many of them in the story so it doesn't look as weird.

But nonetheless having two preferred characters for each side would help fix the problem of having too much of the same character in one match.
Back to top Go down
GreasedUpKoala
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
GreasedUpKoala

Number of posts : 36
Gamertag : BoomItsJacob
GOW cash : 54

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:45 pm

it seems to annoy me mostly on horde, as in evryones different u can tell each other apart.....its also annoying tht ever since i unlocked superstar cole every match i play as him i seem to see someone else as him.
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:51 pm

GreasedUpKoala wrote:
it seems to annoy me mostly on horde, as in evryones different u can tell each other apart.....its also annoying tht ever since i unlocked superstar cole every match i play as him i seem to see someone else as him.

There has probably always been a lot of him around. It's like when you get a new car, then you start to notice all the other people driving that model.
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:12 pm

i have seen same thing since i played gears i always hv seen people chosing my grenadier, so u guys want to kno what i choose, i choose GRENADIER elite, i would never ever choose other guys only GRENADIERS, they are epic and my fav, although i still, play elite grenadier in WARZONE, and grenadier (classic) in all other modes.
FOR THE QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
affraid Chainsaw
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:25 am

I couldn't really care what characters other online players choose to play as. It's pointless getting worked up about someone being the same character as you.
Back to top Go down
androsity13
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
androsity13

Number of posts : 82
Gamertag : androsity13
GOW cash : 94

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:00 am

yeah, i could really care less.
Back to top Go down
IketheVike
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
IketheVike

Number of posts : 25
Gamertag : IketheVike
GOW cash : 29

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:09 am

I agree with the fact it doesn't matter, but as this simply seems to be a general (complaint no offense intended) thread, I do prefer my Baird. Locust I dont care about as there are litterally thousands of the same hence the name (at least thats how I imagined the story creator coming up with it). But the main reason I wanted to respond is because Chaz665, you made my day man. For one now I am trying to imagine a Mr.T Yoda in drag, and for two if I came up against a team of queens I think I might die laughing. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:20 am

I don't bother looking at what I'm killing as long as it's the enemy!

I've never really noticed everyone being the same 'cos people are not usually all stood together - I can imagine feeling drunk though if I was seeing two of everything never mind five!
Back to top Go down
iTzMeDiggz
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 3
Gamertag : iTz Me DiggY
GOW cash : 5

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 12:00 pm

I like how when you played gears on gamebattles or whatever else the rules had it to where you could not have the same characters on the same team. So after being the same person so much you just became used to being A. Carmine, And Sniper.. well for me anyway : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.   I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me. Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate it when other teammates are the same character as me.
Page 1 of 1