Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sawed-Off Shotgun

Go down 
+22
KrazyGrenade
YOUNG MONEY 511
ClayCarmine
Chaz665(SA)
STomp1
marcus felix
v Wookiee v
GearsGuy
COGKane
Bugz
Sole
Peebl0
Stigmatic
Vambo
HellaPogi
whodeycp
Skagdrew
Losthalo51
W1Z22
curby
IDK Faithy
ThePublicNME
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Sawed-Off Shotgun...
Get rid off this shit
The Sawed-Off Shotgun Voteleft69%The Sawed-Off Shotgun Voteright
 69% [ 165 ]
Keep it man it's great
The Sawed-Off Shotgun Voteleft31%The Sawed-Off Shotgun Voteright
 31% [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 238

AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

The Sawed-Off Shotgun Empty
PostSubject: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:08 am

Should it stay or should it go?

Personally I hate the dam thing and vote for it to go.

Gears of War shouldn't have campers it will get more like COD if this weapon stays in the retail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
IDK Faithy
New Recruit
New Recruit
IDK Faithy

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 6
Gamertag : IDK Faithy
GOW cash : 6

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:11 am

Vote for: Get rid off this shit

Hate that weapon Beat up
Back to top Go down
curby
Aaron Griffin
Aaron Griffin
curby

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 303
Gamertag : curby23
GOW cash : 354

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:13 am

Epic remove the peice of shit... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
W1Z22
Founding Member
Founding Member
W1Z22

Number of posts : 568
Gamertag : W1Z22
GOW cash : 518

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySat May 07, 2011 4:30 am

omg not another vote to delete the sos... its NOT op... its not too strong.. it just helps you remember "DONT run blindly around a corner.. move to the side and see if anyone is hiding there first"
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:23 am

screw the SOS i never liked it but yeah you got a point it is there to help with some things i just use gnasher a lot more
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:22 am

W1Z22 wrote:
omg not another vote to delete the sos... its NOT op... its not too strong.. it just helps you remember "DONT run blindly around a corner.. move to the side and see if anyone is hiding there first"

Yea I'm afraid so lol but voting seems pretty even so far I didn't expect it to be though
Back to top Go down
curby
Aaron Griffin
Aaron Griffin
curby

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:30 am

lol but how can you have a serious shotgun battle with this piece of crap haha what shall we do shoot then run around for 2 mins before we can shoot again!!......
I aint saying im 100% against im just saying its killing the good old shotgun battle's made famous by GOW.......i agree with what you say on how to avoid being blown to shit by not rushing around corners but my point on the matter is what ive ust said above....
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:57 am

The Sawed Off Shotgun aint so bad if you come across it occassionally like a few players use it it but when you play against a full team of players using only this weapon it gets to the point where I just wanna leave the match
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:17 am

i always run into teams doing that all the time
Back to top Go down
curby
Aaron Griffin
Aaron Griffin
curby

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:50 pm

me too although last night wasnt so bad, i finally unlocked the gold plated retro lancer in retail so i used the chainsaw for a round or 2 on poeple using the sos and guess what lol they sent me a nasty message haha, 2 can play that game.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:48 am

I don't mind it too much get at least 3x as many kills against boobs using it than deaths by it.

Get the feeling epic included it to even up the battlefield so that new players at least stand a chance in shotgun battle scenario's against veteran gnasher players. (After all TDM is built to be more boob friendly than execution)

Also feel that the longer people play the more they will favour the gnasher, the SOS certainly isn't OP in my opinion as the single shot, short range, and long reload compensate for the short range stopping power
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:26 am

Skagdrew wrote:
I don't mind it too much get at least 3x as many kills against boobs using it than deaths by it.

Get the feeling epic included it to even up the battlefield so that new players at least stand a chance in shotgun battle scenario's against veteran gnasher players. (After all TDM is built to be more boob friendly than execution)

Also feel that the longer people play the more they will favour the gnasher, the SOS certainly isn't OP in my opinion as the single shot, short range, and long reload compensate for the short range stopping power
the reload just takes to dang long
Back to top Go down
W1Z22
Founding Member
Founding Member
W1Z22

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:04 am

Losthalo51 wrote:
Skagdrew wrote:

the reload just takes to dang long

and thats one of the many negitives about it
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:53 pm

I can imagine a SOS duel for sudden death and they both miss the first shot then it's a case of dancing around each other until the reload and if they miss the shot again it could go on for a long time would be funny to watch and tense to be in but just not the same as the gnasher.

Back to top Go down
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

Number of posts : 433
GOW cash : 279

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:59 am

Ninja wrote:
I can imagine a SOS duel for sudden death and they both miss the first shot then it's a case of dancing around each other until the reload and if they miss the shot again it could go on for a long time would be funny to watch and tense to be in but just not the same as the gnasher.

They would be dancing around each other trying to melee. That is what most SOS users do. They either run away or try for the double melee. I personally hate this weapon and wish it was gone. There are ways to counter it but it is way overpowered.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:03 am

Just to add there seems to be no one using this weapon on ranked matches. Well I haven't come across it on ranked. I don't think there is any skill involved in using the SOS you just run in and fire and hope it hits then brace yourself while it reloads.
Back to top Go down
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:05 am

Ninja wrote:
Just to add there seems to be no one using this weapon on ranked matches. Well I haven't come across it on ranked. I don't think there is any skill involved in using the SOS you just run in and fire and hope it hits then brace yourself while it reloads.

I think I will start playing ranked then. I have only played public for the beta but will have to give ranked a try
Back to top Go down
HellaPogi
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
HellaPogi

Number of posts : 60
Gamertag : J is Hella Pogi
GOW cash : 81

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:22 am

SOS is the noob tube of Gears imo

although very escapable at the same time its a bail out for most situations. Sometimes in my perspective I go how the hell did i just kill the guy.

Back to top Go down
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Vambo

Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:29 am

I've started using it a bit in deathmatch. Like the retro it stops those who just rush in all the time. Nothing says 'Whoa there big boy!' better than the dbs up close and personal.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:19 am

I hate the Sawed off Shotgun with a passion now. Played the Beta lots and just hate this dam weapon. Tried using it and sure it's easy to kill with it but still dam annoying playing against it. Wish it would go away!
Back to top Go down
W1Z22
Founding Member
Founding Member
W1Z22

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:38 am

its NOT gonna go away.. you all mine as well suck it up and learn to adjust to it or dont play gow 3....
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:26 pm

chill wiz people do have opinions bro
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:48 pm

W1Z22 wrote:
its NOT gonna go away.. you all mine as well suck it up and learn to adjust to it or dont play gow 3....

Yea but I can still wish for it to go away. I can't help moaning about it. I know it will be in the retail and probably unchanged since there's nothing really that could be changed about it but still wish they would take it out!
Back to top Go down
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:22 pm

I wish for it to go away as well, still. They will most likely weapon but they could tone it down a little or make a pickup.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:08 am

Can you get headshots with the Sawed-off Shotgun or is it always a blast them to pieces thing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sawed-Off Shotgun
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next