Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
foREVer
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
foREVer

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 141
Gamertag : nightm4RE19
GOW cash : 320

Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?   Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:42 am

From what I've heard it's sounds pretty noobish, I was on a vacation during the beta Sad so I don't know much about, but what makes it so bad?
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?   Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:06 am

It's not really bad in my opinion. The reason people hated it so much is because it didn't really require any skill. But it is very easy to avoid. People were just trying to be reckless running around the map without a tactic. Pretty much if you do that you'll always get destroyed.
The only cheap and retarded thing I found and hated about the gun is that it had the downing ability. Which I think it should be an all or nothing weapon.

The Retro was more of a problem then the Sawed off. The Retro Lancer could down you faster then you could get 2 shots off with the Gnasher. Pretty much if you missed when someone had the Retro out you my as well just stand there and give up, because they just hip fire like a noob and your done in like 3 burst from that thing.

Every thing else is pretty balanced though. Although if someone had a controller mod the Hammerburst is pretty damn cheap to.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?   Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:24 pm

it wasn't bad it insta killed my opponents which was pretty cool although I like the gnasher more for the faster firing
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

PostSubject: Re: Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?   Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Yeah, Sawed off has an 6-9 second reload time, while the Gnasher can shoot 8 bullets and reload in 2-4 seconds.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?   Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 7:03 am

It's not bad, alot hate it and alot love it. Personally I don't like using it and it can get annoying being against a whole team using it but it's not so bad you quickly figure ways around it. It's only affective if the enemy is up close to you like a couple of feet beyond that it's useless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

PostSubject: Re: Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?   Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:26 am

yup it has it's downsides I hate the long arsed loading time
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

PostSubject: Re: Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?   Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Yeah now they changed it so it has a light and a 90 degree angel, which if you think about it, that's the same range as the Gnasher. So it really has no advantage over the Gnasher. Other then it can kill 5 people at once.
Back to top Go down
STomp1
New Recruit
New Recruit
STomp1

Number of posts : 17
Gamertag : Stomp yo FEET
GOW cash : 19

PostSubject: Re: Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?   Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:56 pm

100% reliable unlike Gnasher.
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

PostSubject: Re: Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?   Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:01 am

nah I felt as if the gnasher was reliable you just have to use it right
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?   Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:41 am

STomp1 wrote:
100% reliable unlike Gnasher.

Watch this video at 1.08 you can see it's not 100% reliable lol (Sawed-off vs Gnasher)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?   Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the Sawed off shotgun really that bad?
Page 1 of 1