Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sawed-Off Shotgun

Go down 
+22
KrazyGrenade
YOUNG MONEY 511
ClayCarmine
Chaz665(SA)
STomp1
marcus felix
v Wookiee v
GearsGuy
COGKane
Bugz
Sole
Peebl0
Stigmatic
Vambo
HellaPogi
whodeycp
Skagdrew
Losthalo51
W1Z22
curby
IDK Faithy
ThePublicNME
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sawed-Off Shotgun...
Get rid off this shit
The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 Voteleft69%The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 Voteright
 69% [ 165 ]
Keep it man it's great
The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 Voteleft31%The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 Voteright
 31% [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 238

AuthorMessage
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:52 pm

you can get headshots i've gotten a few
Back to top Go down
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:51 pm

While helpful for noobs I can't help thinking it will become a crutch for them, when I started playing gears 2 I was the biggest chainsaw whore u ever come across, after getting blasted by gnasher more times than I can remember it became clear that once u learnt how to use that the hardest part of the learning curve was over.

If I was just starting out on gears now I'm sure I'd prefer the sawn off but I'd never be as good so long as I relied on it and there isn't the same incentive to learn to play with the gnasher in 3.

Additionally the most fun part of gears for me is merking 2/3 people with in a row. With sawn off u will NEVER kill 3 in a row and struggle to do 2.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:42 am

My final conclusion on the Sawed-off Shotgun is...

It should be a pick up weapon. It's nice to see new weapons in Gears of War but everyone running around with this OP weapon just ruins alot of my games.

Definatley should be a pick up weapon only.

It was suppose to be introduced to help noobs get into Gears of War but I'm telling you now most of the higher ranked players use it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

Number of posts : 433
GOW cash : 279

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:03 am

Ninja wrote:

It should be a pick up weapon. It's nice to see new weapons in Gears of War but everyone running around with this OP weapon just ruins alot of my games.

It was suppose to be introduced to help noobs get into Gears of War but I'm telling you now most of the higher ranked players use it.

Totally agree with everything here. It should be a pickup weapon and I noticed many high ranking players using this weapon. The sawed off will definitely be staying, so make it a pickup
Back to top Go down
curby
Aaron Griffin
Aaron Griffin
curby

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 303
Gamertag : curby23
GOW cash : 354

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:19 am

Ninja wrote:

I also agree.....pick up only.........
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:06 am

Thinking back it was the KOTH mode that is was mainly used. It's actually useful if like me you run into the ring regardless of how many opponents are in there just to break it, you could blast a few away. I remember looking for ammo for my Gnasher many times on KOTH only to find SOS guns laying around so I did use it a few times.

Back to top Go down
Stigmatic
New Recruit
New Recruit
Stigmatic

Number of posts : 9
Gamertag : l Stigma l
GOW cash : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:22 am

power pickup weapon at least.
Back to top Go down
Peebl0
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Peebl0

Number of posts : 143
Gamertag : PlaguesSpreader
GOW cash : 178

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:29 am

I like it.

It's something I can run around with when I'm bored of the same Gnasher "I shoot, you shoot, we both shoot" formula.

Plus I love to hear the other team squeal when they get killed by it like 3 times in a row. Smile (It gives me a warm-fuzzy feeling in my heart!)
Back to top Go down
Sole
Cole Train
Cole Train
Sole

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 479
Gamertag : STEADY KNOCKIN
GOW cash : 462

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:31 am

Peebl0 wrote:
I like it.

It's something I can run around with when I'm bored of the same Gnasher "I shoot, you shoot, we both shoot" formula.

Plus I love to hear the other team squeal when they get killed by it like 3 times in a row. Smile (It gives me a warm-fuzzy feeling in my heart!)

haha I think they should keep it but just take off that it downs you.
Back to top Go down
Bugz
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Bugz

Number of posts : 95
Gamertag : Bugz N7
GOW cash : 99

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:49 am

Get's in the way of fast paced gameplay.
Back to top Go down
COGKane
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
COGKane

Number of posts : 63
Gamertag : COGKane
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:06 am

i dont mind this weapon its ok to use it but not nice when you are against it lol
Back to top Go down
Peebl0
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Peebl0

Number of posts : 143
Gamertag : PlaguesSpreader
GOW cash : 178

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:29 am

COGKane wrote:
i dont mind this weapon its ok to use it but not nice when you are against it lol

This is usually the problem. Smile
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 3:39 am

COGKane wrote:

That's a good way to put it lol
Back to top Go down
GearsGuy
New Recruit
New Recruit
GearsGuy

GOW cash : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Hello everyone that says they hate the sawed offed shotgun! me and my friend are making the (SOH) clan which stands for sawed off haters! if you think im bad then your wrong my gears 3 beta kd is a 2.7 and my friends is a 1.3 so yeah if you wanna join just send me a message ok! Chainsaw
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 5:29 am

GearsGuy wrote:
Hello everyone that says they hate the sawed offed shotgun! me and my friend are making the (SOH) clan which stands for sawed off haters! if you think im bad then your wrong my gears 3 beta kd is a 2.7 and my friends is a 1.3 so yeah if you wanna join just send me a message ok! Chainsaw

If you make a post in the Clan section so it's official about your clan we will create a new forum for you and place you as the moderator for it so it's a place where you can recruit/organise/discuss etc.
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:03 am

As much as I hate it, I like that it's in the game. Reason, though it is nooby and brings crappy players and makes then look decent, atleast it brings noobs back to the game. Notice on Gears of War 1 and 2 you will run into the same people 900 times a month. Exaggeration of course but you know what I mean. It brings more competition. Just like the gay ass retro lancer...
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:18 am

I know what you mean Mister_Wookiee it will be like how Gears of War was back in the release day. I dam miss those days so many noobs there was lol

Gears of War 2 wasn't noob friendly and they soon disappeared.

Maybe the SOS is a good addition afterall... nah I still don't like it lol But if it brings in the new players then it's done it's job.
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:26 pm

That's the reason they added it. So they have noob friendly weapons.. PERSONALLY I don't mind it when true nooby players use it. It's when the advanced players use it and abuse it. Same with the Retro Lancer. It's just annoying. But the Sawed-Off is easy to counter unless it's on Checkout or a small map, that weapons pretty much domination on those maps.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:37 am

Mister_Wookiee wrote:
That's the reason they added it. So they have noob friendly weapons.. PERSONALLY I don't mind it when true nooby players use it. It's when the advanced players use it and abuse it. Same with the Retro Lancer. It's just annoying. But the Sawed-Off is easy to counter unless it's on Checkout or a small map, that weapons pretty much domination on those maps.

For those who hate the SOS with a passion there's a good tip that can be extracted here... Don't play on the smaller maps because for sure that's where the majority of the SOS will be used.
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 2:41 pm

Exactly, avoid maps like Checkout, Security, Mansion, ect... They are examples of maps I find small and have a lot of corners to camp behind.. That's where you'll find a sawed-Off noob. In an interview with Cliffy B he said that they put a light on the end of the Sawed-Off so people can see them a mile away, to avoid the camping issue, but no further tweaks to the gun as they found it to not be a problem, as the gnasher has a 4/1 odds against the Sawed off. Gnasher is still the dominating weapon.

Though the Retro Lancer imo is the stupid weapon.. IT should be EXACTLY the same as the regular Lancer just no chainsaw. IT should not fire different, reload different, have stronger bullets because regardless, there the same gun just different attachments. It's a stupid design to the gun. And honestly, you would think the gun would be more accurate as it would be lighter and easier to handle.. Lets think what's heavier a Chainsaw or a Knife..
Back to top Go down
marcus felix
New Recruit
New Recruit
marcus felix

Gamertag : B3NZ0 B0I
GOW cash : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:32 am

keep it cause it keeps noobs at bay Shoot Beat up
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:49 am

it was meant for noobs lol
Back to top Go down
STomp1
New Recruit
New Recruit
STomp1

Number of posts : 17
Gamertag : Stomp yo FEET
GOW cash : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:45 am

I love it. Multi kills were so fun but i mainly use after my gnasher starts felling like gow 2 unrealiable.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:24 am

Yea in Gears 2 it sometimes feels like your shooting marshmallows at people with the Gnasher lol but in Gears 3 that shouldn't be an issue. Well anyhow the poll is going in favour for the Sawed-off by 6 votes so the majority like it. But like Losthalo said it was really introduced for noobs and that's not my opinion it's more or less what the creators said about it.
Back to top Go down
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Chaz665(SA)

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 12:40 am

HI, first time poster here. According to the developers the SoS was included specifically to try and stop people from rolling around and using the Gnasher. (From an article in OXM if I remember) They want people to play a more tactical flanking game and I'm all for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sawed-Off Shotgun
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next