Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sawed-Off Shotgun

Go down 
+22
KrazyGrenade
YOUNG MONEY 511
ClayCarmine
Chaz665(SA)
STomp1
marcus felix
v Wookiee v
GearsGuy
COGKane
Bugz
Sole
Peebl0
Stigmatic
Vambo
HellaPogi
whodeycp
Skagdrew
Losthalo51
W1Z22
curby
IDK Faithy
ThePublicNME
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Sawed-Off Shotgun...
Get rid off this shit
The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 Voteleft69%The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 Voteright
 69% [ 165 ]
Keep it man it's great
The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 Voteleft31%The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 Voteright
 31% [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 238

AuthorMessage
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:30 am

IMO the sawed-off is too powerful. It's for noobs who stay behind cover and wait for someone to run at them then they pop and shoot
Back to top Go down
YOUNG MONEY 511
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
YOUNG MONEY 511

Number of posts : 238
GOW cash : 101

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:21 am

i never use it tbh I just cant seem to aim with it lol
Back to top Go down
KrazyGrenade
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 1
GOW cash : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:24 pm

The sawed-off shotgun is too powerful. Epic made it too easy to get kills with. I think that the Gnasher shotgun is better than the sawed-off, especially in the hands of a skilled player. However, that does not change the fact that the sawed-off is overpowered. Too many players constantly hide behind cover with the sawed-off, only to pop out at the last second. Bottom line, it needs to be balanced in some way.

People complain about getting shot from behind with the sawed-off too often. I disagree. The problem is that Gears of War 3 is much more team based than Gears of War original. This is because it is 5v5 instead of 4v4. The extra player makes it chaotic enough that you can't keep track of everyone, especially when they randomly spawn behind you at times. I like 5v5 when I have communication, but I play match after match in ranked and quick and NOBODY uses them. It makes getting snuck up behind way a big pain in the ass.
Bottom line, give us 5v5 and 4v4. Play 5v5 with your friends.

MY opinion.
If they had 4v4 I wouldn't be bothered as much by the sawed-off. I would be able to keep track of the players without getting shot in the back so often. If they never give me 4v4 thats also fine, but lower the power on the sawed-off.

Anyone agree or disagree?
Back to top Go down
curby
Aaron Griffin
Aaron Griffin
curby

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 303
Gamertag : curby23
GOW cash : 354

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:29 pm

I had a try last night with the SoS and i found it very easy to get kills with it!!
The SoS is any noobs dream come true as i found you dont need any skill to use it, like somebody previously said this is a camping weapon as poeple just sit and wait and hide around corners, unless you learn how to avoid that first blast then im affraid your a goner everytime....

Just to add ive also seen high ranked players using the SoS and the gnasher at the same time....as i avoided the first blast and went in for the kill and i was surprised to be blasted quickly with the gnasher?

Which removes the slow reload when they can switch between the 2 instead of having a lancer spare.....
some keep your wits about you for that tatic..

Anyways to some it up...Gnasher all the way for me.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:19 pm

My biggest fear on the SOS is it will become a crutch that new players are unable to live without, most everyone here loves the gnasher, it is THE weapon for gears multiplayer even accounting for the powerful AR's and SOS. If the sawn off was around when I first got into gears there wouldn't of been the same incentive to learn how to use the gnasher. That would limit me as a player and I may have eventually got bored and went to play something else, the irony being a weapon designed to get more people playing gears could eventually have the opposite effect.

My point is there needs to be a decent enough incentive to learn to use the gnasher, without nerfing the power of the SOS and disheartening the noobs (maybe drop the ammo count on it?)
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:42 pm

It was designed for the new players it was so they get to get easier kills
Back to top Go down
lt9602
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 3
GOW cash : 3

PostSubject: hey every one want to reach level 100, but hate the time and   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:40 am

Spam removed
Back to top Go down
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:20 am

evolve as a player and stop bitching about a gun that has 1 shot in it. yes its hella OP but guess what its there and i doubt it will be changed into a pickup or decreased in power.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:23 am

SuperAznStoner wrote:
evolve as a player and stop bitching about a gun that has 1 shot in it. yes its hella OP but guess what its there and i doubt it will be changed into a pickup or decreased in power.

I tust you. You seem to know your stuff save the grammar.
Back to top Go down
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:28 am

PS. the reality is the higher rank players(myself included) have either already caught on or will shortly find out that carrying both shotguns is the ultimate loadout.

GoW will always be a game about the shotgun when it comes to online.. and now we can carry 2 Wink

Back to top Go down
dudemaster12
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
dudemaster12

Number of posts : 67
Gamertag : Dudemaster12
GOW cash : 82

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:51 am

Having not played the Beta this was brand new to me when loading up the game. At first I thought it was useless because of the short range, but once I got my first kill with it and realized it was a 1 hit a close range I liked it more. I like it because it adds more variety to the game play. The gnasher has never been my strong suit but I am trying to get better. I think the SOS was mainly implemented to stop a retro rush that you may have not seen coming from far away.
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:30 am

That and for people who are completely new to the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sawed-Off Shotgun   The Sawed-Off Shotgun - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sawed-Off Shotgun
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3