Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!

Go down 
+9
Rearview
you got ownedzz
v Wookiee v
C00L12345
Corroded
alex2602
nulgath
BigStu4q
Ninja
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

[CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! Empty
PostSubject: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:37 pm

MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!: Up for grabs we have the much sought after Mechanic Baird code. To enter simply tell us why you think Queen Myrrah looks human. The best theory (funny or serious) will win the code.

We are allowing contestants two entries one on Facebook and one on Twitter. NOT THE FORUM So if you want to increase your chances, get following us @GearsOfWar3CF on Twitter. Also codes will be sent to the winner via forum PM.

Closing Date Jan 19th.

WINNER: Andy Milton

Here is the winning entry. Very well done & CONGRATULATIONS!

In one of the Gears 2 collectibles it talks of one subject (in relation to the Sires) who was a success, a perfect human-Locust hybrid who is immune to Imulsion sickness, I believe this to have been Myrrah (hence why she didn't die when Adam Fenix's weapon went off). She is not Marcus' Mother but was created by Adam Fenix using Marcus's mother's DNA. Angry at the brutality of the tests done by humans, she took to leading the Locusts and became Queen Myrrah.
In a bid to cure the imulsion sickness that had overcome the Locust race, she sought out Adam Fenix whom she knew from her time in the lab, and who possibly helped her escape, as he had love for his creation. But his efforts to stop the emulsion sickness were in vain, as his cure would result in the termination of the Locust. Myrrah's responce was to wage WAR!

Last edited by Publik NME no1 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:05 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm

just tried to comment with my answer and it said i do not have permission to comment, was weird
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:06 am

i think myrrah is a human because either:
1. she created the first locusts in a lab, while "probably" trying to create super humans or something like that.
2. she is human because all locust queens are always human like

Very Happy

thats all of my opinions
Back to top Go down
alex2602
New Recruit
New Recruit
alex2602

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 2
GOW cash : 2

PostSubject: Why Myrrah looks human   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:23 am

Firstly, she actually has an ass unlike the locust. She could be half human half locust, maybe Adam Fenix captured a locust and injected human dna into the creature, to see if he made any changes. And, Myrrah was born. The locust didn't kill myrrah because she still had locust scent, from her locust dna. I guess this is all I got.
Back to top Go down
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:26 am

1. I think shes marcus's Mother(Maybe), why else would some crazy lady be so worrid about stopping someone from killing the locust, and when the bomb thingy went off she didnt kneel over and start coughing up anything like the other did, so isnt that enough to say shes human?!

Oh ya, marcus stabs her super quick, remember when they had to use retro lancers, "The locust Hide was to thick" Marcus stabs her with a knife at the end and no problems, which means human!
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:40 am

Entries have to be made on Facebook and/or Twitter. Entries made here will not count.

BigStu4g - Entries are coming in just fine I don't know what the issue could be?

I banned one person who made a smart arse comment trying to ruin the last competition, saying that the codes weren't valid after the new year.

All codes work fine.

If that person is reading this then I'm affaid it is indeed you who is a FAIL. Wink
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:28 am

it works now, must have just been an error on my end. reading some of the others tho i dont think mines gonna win Sad
Back to top Go down
C00L12345
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Trade Rep : 3
Number of posts : 42
GOW cash : 48

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:39 am

I think she looks human because she was originally human, but shits out horrible children.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:53 am

C00L12345 wrote:
I think she looks human because she was originally human, but shits out horrible children.

Only Facebook or Twitter entries will be counted!
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:00 am

nulgath wrote:
i think myrrah is a human because either:
1. she created the first locusts in a lab, while "probably" trying to create super humans or something like that.
2. she is human because all locust queens are always human like

Very Happy

thats all of my opinions

You need to read the rules of the competitions better.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
you got ownedzz
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
you got ownedzz

Clan : XGL
Number of posts : 40
Gamertag : you got ownedzz
GOW cash : 21

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:10 am

"Despite her mother's warning, and the calls of her friends, Romily left the safe company of her friends and walked into the perils of the forest. She thought they would admire her interdependence, and respect her brave willingness to break ranks with the others. But she did not walk alone. The six-legged demon that had waited patiently beneath her house since birth followed her, unseen, and joined the rest of his kind who rose from the depths to embrace her."
That is a quote from the book it pretty much explains the concept of the locust how they live in the hollows, why am I talking about this you ask well this is a story Elaine fenix (Marcus’s mother) believed to be true.

Elaine fenix married to Marcus fenix where both scientist Elaine however specializing in fossils of the sort, it states in the book that she was the first to discover the hollows and researched them when marcus was meerly a child. She ventured into the hollow and discovered x-rays of a fossil it appeared to be a leg. A leg you say hmmmm? And she asked him if he had heard of the romily story, she said she believed in these creatures and that they existed and that she had found there closest reletive. Ie the locust… also it says that she discovered what was thought to be a dead rock shell but it turned out to have vestigial legs i.e. a corpser… she said that these creatures where tunnel dwellers hello… locust… later it says she discovered them just near the hollow walking with Marcus, later in Elaine completely stops with family life and is engulfed with work. Then 9 years later she went missing…?!?!?

My point is Elaine is myyrah she is human, when she was in the hollow she had pale skin as she was human like. She discovered the locust and subsequently according to the story was taken by them, as she could be seen as being brave discovering new ideas.

Or we could just go with bairds theory…

"Okay, I really got to know what Myrrah was talking about. I mean, she looks Human. What? Did she join the Locust country club for shits and giggles, or something'?"
— Damon Baird.

Back to top Go down
Rearview
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Rearview

Clan : KEC
Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 97
Gamertag : III SoPur3 III
GOW cash : 148

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm assuming my winning of Com Dom won't affect me for this contest? Razz Like, you won't not pick me based on the fact that I've already won a code?
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Rearview if your entry is the best you will win. Smile

Why are people still posting answers here? They will not be counted.

Entries via Facebook or Twitter ONLY! LOL

Back to top Go down
LoveCrimes
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 20
GOW cash : 24

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:09 am

lol . my twitter post should win. im @K_For_Kimura.
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:11 am

LoveCrimes wrote:
lol . my twitter post should win. im @K_For_Kimura.

Mine's better Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:17 am

Important update: Anyone trying to ruin the competition for others on the Facebook page will be banned from posting on it. I've had to do a lot of cleaning up on it this morning. The Facebook page is a gateway to the forum and we don't want people having the wrong first impression, and discourage them from signing up.
In saying that it could well be that the people in question were not members here, but I'm just letting everyone know that it's not going to fly.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus
Mutlien

Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:48 am

What's happened mate?
Back to top Go down
BigStu4q
BigStu4q

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:09 am

one of them was me, i do apologise. i wasnt trying to ruin the contest for anyone. i just wanted to point something out to one of the guys.

my actual name is stuart spilane and i told one of the other posters (who said there were no locust females) that the locust females were berzerkers.

apologies again
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:21 am

Don't worry that wasn't one of the posts I was talking about. I realised you were just trying to help, but deleted it as I don't want it becoming a debate, It's just for answers to the question.
Smile
Back to top Go down
GowxClay
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 1
Gamertag : iFirework
GOW cash : 1

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:29 am

I've posted my entry on your Facebook wall Smile
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Only a few days left to get your entries in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:11 am

when does it actually does it end?
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 am

All information is on the facebook page.

Your entry on this thread will not be counted nulgath. Entries will only be counted on Facebook or Twitter.
Back to top Go down
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:45 am

i posted on facebook, but dont see my post anymore =/
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:57 am

What did it say? There are a few threads for the comp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!   [CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION! Empty

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] MECHANIC BAIRD COMPETITION!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next