Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?

Go down 
+7
ImSimplyMike
Kyrat89
A.D.Fenix
xReviveMeFoolx
mmartina
Phenom 247
SnarlingCandy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? Empty
PostSubject: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 4:18 am

Which game modes do you want to see in the new Gears?

Do people want Horde back? Did you like Overrun? Want to see that in the new game?

I personally love Master at Arms so would like that in the new game!  Shoot 
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:27 am

MaA is pretty cool, so I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Horde is one of my favorite modes of the whole series, so it would get my overall first vote for sure!
Back to top Go down
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 241
Gamertag : OujaStrike
GOW cash : 260

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:32 am

TDM Gears 3 Version
King of the Hill but have it like annex with Power Weapons/Boltok & Gorgon around the rings
Guardian Gears 2 Version
Execution
Horde Gears 2 Version
Overrun
Beast Mode
Special Event
Back to top Go down
http://oujastrikeblogs.wordpress.com/
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Horde Gears 2 style? Not sure id be happy if they put that in in replace of the Gears 3 one. But would be cool if they put in both options  Very Happy  Love Beast!
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:33 am

Horde
King Of The Hill
Team Death Match
Beast Mode
Guardian
Execution

Horde made me fall in love with Gears and KOTH is crazy fun. That new Domination game type in Judgment is terrible. Very boring.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:59 am

i always played horde in gears 2, i think i played horde gears 3 maybe like only 10 times.
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:03 am

Horde in Gears 3 didn't feel as desperate or challenging because we had the fortifications. I did still like it though and if it didn't freeze up on me all the time I'd still play Horde on Gears 3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
A.D.Fenix
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
A.D.Fenix

Number of posts : 47
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Gears 3 game mechanics (modes), Gears 2 Type weapons layout, Gears 2 Horde similarities, Gears 1's grittiness!

Back to top Go down
Kyrat89
Graphics Manager
Graphics Manager
Kyrat89

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 938
Gamertag : KYRAT89
GOW cash : 1153

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:43 pm

I would def love Master at Arms and horde, guardian, WINGMAN
Has to be a big yes
Back to top Go down
http://kyratdesigns.motionsforum.com/
ImSimplyMike
New Recruit
New Recruit
ImSimplyMike

Number of posts : 12
Gamertag : ImSimplyMike
GOW cash : 16

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:24 am

I would love to see the Guardian mode returned as it was in Gears 2. In Gears 3 it was cheap for the leaders because they could see anyone and everything. Plus the fun of the hunt was taken away because they had the big star telling us where they were. I liked how you had to play smart and quick to find the leader before yours was eliminated. I would also like to see skorge return! That was a sick character and a way cooler leader then myrah. Maybe give the option or just randomly select which leader you get chosen to be.

I also want to see some sort of capture the flag in this game. Maybe as the locust you defend and as the cog you have to go find a hostage and return them back to your base safe and sound. Only allow an allotted amount of deaths for the round so that the locust still have a chance to defend. That could get really intense!

Last I think a halo 3 lone wolves based category would be a ton of fun! Its nice for when you don't have guys to play with because then you can rely on yourself more then an actual team. Plus it would be all out war fare! It could be played on smaller maps like raven down or gridlock.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:06 am

I think that the solo modes FFA & MAA were a couple of the positives to come out of Judgment. I'd like to see them return in the new GOW.  Chainsaw Shoot 
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 8:43 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
I think that the solo modes FFA & MAA were a couple of the positives to come out of Judgment. I'd like to see them return in the new GOW.  Chainsaw Shoot 

I was total against Free For All and Master at Arms but been playing it with Friends on Fridays nights and really starting to love those game types
Back to top Go down
iDuskk
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:26 am

I would like to see maps actually designed for specific gametypes so that the gametypes actually work. King of the Hill was great in Gears of War 3, but very few maps were good for it. Ruslung was really the only one that worked. Epic has this pattern of designing maps, and just throwing all the gametypes on it, but they should really design some maps with execution in mind, and others with games like King of the Hill, or whatever.

As far as new gametypes, I'd like to see search and destroy in gears. I don't know why we don't have that already, the game is built perfectly for it, and it would be nice to see competitive leagues use more objective gametypes instead of execution and KoTH.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iduskk
iDuskk
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:34 am

ImSimplyMike wrote:

I also want to see some sort of capture the flag in this game. Maybe as the locust you defend and as the cog you have to go find a hostage and return them back to your base safe and sound. Only allow an allotted amount of deaths for the round so that the locust still have a chance to defend. That could get really intense!

The problem is Gears of war really isn't built for capture the flag. They tried capture the leader in GoW2 and it was horrible. Capture the flag thrives in games where the flag runner can easily be stopped, so the whole team needs to work to capture the flag. With Gears most of the combat happens up close and personal with the shotgun, which by the time someone pulls a flag and makes a run for it, you probably wont catch them in time with a shotgun, and if they're a good player they should be able to dodge your rifle shots easily unless you're team shooting. It maybe could work if they designed a good map for it, but I can't imagine CTF in Gears.

A domination-style flag game could work in gears, but Domination is a pretty campy gametype, and I'm not a big fan of that personally.
Back to top Go down
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Only thing I want is the old school cog vs locust multiplayer not cog v cog that was lame
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
iDuskk
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Corroded wrote:
Only thing I want is the old school cog vs locust multiplayer not cog v cog that was lame

I agree 100% with this. At the very least, explain the reasoning behind it. Halo 4's multiplayer takes place on "Infinity" and the multiplayer games are described as spartan training simulators. So it makes sense why Spartans are fighting eachother. For Gears it's just weird to see it.
Back to top Go down
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:23 am

Agreed, it made no sense in judgement, only thing decent out of the game was 3 play modes a gears gun game, FFFA, and Overrun. Wouldn't mind seeing 2/3 of them returning but if it boils down to it if it was a vote id vote for cog v locust and take old playlists back, wingman,annex, warzone, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Vambo

Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:27 pm

For me Gears 2 had it right in terms of game modes. A return to Gears 2 Horde and Guardian would be 'bang on'.
They can lose TDM and any of the solo modes as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?   Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which game modes do u want 2 C in new G.O.W?
Page 1 of 1