Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.

Go down 
+3
mmartina
SnarlingCandy
ThePublicNME
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 3:03 am

The first Gears of War game from new series developer Black Tusk Studios must "reignite" the franchise and grow the series in a meaningful way, according to Microsoft Studios executive Phil Spencer.

"Still working through plan. I can say first original [Gears of War] from [Black Tusk] has to reignite franchise and grow it, won't be a quick turn," Spencer said on Twitter. He further explained that he thinks Microsoft has assembled the right team to achieve this goal.

"I just want to give them the time," Spencer said, suggesting that the game's release is still a ways off.

Microsoft purchased the Gears of War franchise from Epic Games last month for an undisclosed sum and revealed that former Epic Games producer Rod Fergusson had returned to Microsoft to work on the series. Official details on the new Gears of War game are expected sometime in 2014.

No new games in the series have been officially announced, but it would be surprising if Black Tusk's first title doesn't come to at least the Xbox One. Longtime Gears of War designer Cliff Bleszinski will not work on the game in any capacity.

Spencer previously teased that a future entry in the Gears of War series might be "more gritty" than past games in the series. He also explained that Gears of War: Judgment did not hit the level of quality of past games and this was reflected in review scores and sales, he argued. This is something he's hoping to turn around with the new Gears of War game.

"I don't want to call it a reboot because I think it's an overused term, but think about where that franchise goes and how to expand what it was," Spencer said.

The Gears of War franchise is one of the Xbox platform's leading series. It has spanned four titles so far: Gears of War (2006), Gears of War 2 (2008), Gears of War 3 (2011), and Gears of War: Judgment (2013). Together, the games have sold more than 22 million copies and generated over $1 billion. Gears of War Exile, rumored to be a Kinect-enabled spinoff, was canceled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 6:08 am

Damn it, sounds like it's going to be ages. Suppose it's a good thing if it means they turn out a great game.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 241
Gamertag : OujaStrike
GOW cash : 260

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 3:45 pm

Great to hear it won't be rushed we all know the last Gears game to be rushed and we know how that turned out
Back to top Go down
http://oujastrikeblogs.wordpress.com/
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:42 pm

I'd still like something to bridge the gap though.
Back to top Go down
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 4:08 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
I'd still like something to bridge the gap though.

^this  thumbs up thumbs up 

I am glad they aren't rushing it, though. Lord knows we don't need another Judgment....  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 8:06 am

I talked to someone just yesterday that says he has seen the Gears game that Epic was working on as a follow up to Judgment. He said it was pre Locust and that thats what Black Tusk is expected to run with. IF thats true, cuse I'm not saying it is, that doesn't make me feel very hopeful. I would really like Black Tusk to put a game together thats not started by another studio. He also said no Lancer but I can't imagine a Gears game without the Lancer  Sad  the more I think this through the more I hope he was just blowing smoke up my @ss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:43 am

you scared me a little bit, lancer has to be in Gears it's the trademark weapon of the franchise i really don't use it much but it has to be in the game
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 6:41 pm

xReviveMeFoolx wrote:
I talked to someone just yesterday that says he has seen the Gears game that Epic was working on as a follow up to Judgment. He said it was pre Locust and that thats what Black Tusk is expected to run with. IF thats true, cuse I'm not saying it is, that doesn't make me feel very hopeful. I would really like Black Tusk to put a game together thats not started by another studio. He also said no Lancer but I can't imagine a Gears game without the Lancer  Sad  the more I think this through the more I hope he was just blowing smoke up my @ss.  

WHAT!! affraid  That would suck balls. No lancer  Sad  Lets just hope it's not true, there are always rumours floating around.  Chainsaw 
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:04 pm

SnarlingCandy wrote:
xReviveMeFoolx wrote:

WHAT!! affraid  That would suck balls. No lancer  Sad  Lets just hope it's not true, there are always rumours floating around.  Chainsaw 

I hope he's full if it but I've never known him too be.
Back to top Go down
CommanderSkimpy
Locust Bait
Locust Bait
CommanderSkimpy

Number of posts : 218
Gamertag : CommanderSkimpy
GOW cash : 240

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:08 pm

You'll still have the retro lancer.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:11 pm

CommanderSkimpy wrote:

Ughhh, not my favorite weapon. There is something much more satisfying about sawing someone in half rather than stabbing them in the gut.
Back to top Go down
CommanderSkimpy
Locust Bait
Locust Bait
CommanderSkimpy

Number of posts : 218
Gamertag : CommanderSkimpy
GOW cash : 240

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:13 pm

xReviveMeFoolx wrote:
CommanderSkimpy wrote:

Ughhh, not my favorite weapon. There is something much more satisfying about sawing someone in half rather than stabbing them in the gut.

Haha indeed. I actually prefer the retro in gow3. Nothing quite like charging and stabbing into the air.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:20 pm

CommanderSkimpy wrote:
xReviveMeFoolx wrote:
CommanderSkimpy wrote:

Haha indeed. I actually prefer the retro in gow3. Nothing quite like charging and stabbing into the air.  Very Happy 

I can't count how many times I've retro charged some one and bounced off them. I must be doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Glad it's not just me who does that Nuka. I'm so rubbish with the retro. Then again I'm pretty rubbish with most weapons  Razz 
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:24 pm

SnarlingCandy wrote:
Glad it's not just me who does that Nuka. I'm so rubbish with the retro. Then again I'm pretty rubbish with most weapons  Razz 

Well we are 2 rubbish peas in a pod then lol
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Lol excellent!

Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:31 am

hell yeah i knew it gow shall neve end
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:57 am

Wow Nulgath! Welcome back. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:58 am

yh heheh i just posted a topic greeting myself
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:04 am

lol yeah saw that after I posted. Doh!
Back to top Go down
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier
nulgath

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:37 am

i am just hoping they add locust and editing different armors

do you guys think threr is any chance for locust campaign (finally)
Back to top Go down
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:09 am

nulgath wrote:
i am just hoping they add locust and editing different armors

do you guys think threr is any chance for locust campaign (finally)

I always wanted a Origin story on the Queen but i only see that happening in DLC not full campaign.

Now all i need is to be confirmed that Locust & DBNO will remain in Multiplayer, that's a must have for me to be really excited about the upcoming game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.   Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS. Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Gears of War will "reignite" the franchise say MS.
Page 1 of 1