Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Tusk to "Betray Fans".

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Black Tusk to "Betray Fans". Empty
PostSubject: Black Tusk to "Betray Fans".   Black Tusk to "Betray Fans". EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:45 am

Earlier this year, Microsoft bought the rights to the Gears of War franchise from Epic Games, and handed development duties to Black Tusk Studios. Rod Fergusson, former director of production at Epic, was then appointed to help Black Tusk bring the franchise to Xbox One, and said that developing the sequel is all about balance.

"It's the same thing with all sequels," he told OXM."This isn't a great way of phrasing it, but I always talk about shipping a sequel to customers as 'managing betrayal'. They want something new but they don't want something so new that it doesn't feel like what they want. But if you put out something that's very familiar and is the same as the game they just had, then it's like 'I've already had this. This isn't new enough.'"

Microsoft head Phil Spencer said that the company has no plans to rush the next Gears of War installment onto the Xbox One, and that it wants to allow Black Tusk enough time to evolve the series' gameplay. That is, the next Gears of War needs to "reignite the franchise and grow it, and won't be a quick turn."

Fergusson said that making the sequel is about not only progressing the series gameplay conceits, but also maintaining the Gears of War flavor, so players don't become too distanced from the property.

"You actually have to betray them enough to give them something new and surprising but not so much that they disconnect, and I think that is a big thing that we have to focus on," he said. "It's how we can innovate and bring something new to the franchise while at the same time really proving that we understand Gears - that this is the franchise that you know and love.

"So I've already given multiple speeches to the team like 'here are the core tenets of Gears, here are the things that won't be changing, and here are opportunities for us to innovate that we think we can knock out of the park.'"
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
mmartina

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 241
Gamertag : OujaStrike
GOW cash : 260

PostSubject: Re: Black Tusk to "Betray Fans".   Black Tusk to "Betray Fans". EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:03 am

things like this scares me
Back to top Go down
http://oujastrikeblogs.wordpress.com/
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Black Tusk to "Betray Fans".   Black Tusk to "Betray Fans". EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Can see where he's coming from hopefully they will get the balance right.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Black Tusk to "Betray Fans".   Black Tusk to "Betray Fans". EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 9:59 pm

They have to introduce something new, but I thing that the hardcore Gears Fans just want a return to it's roots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: Black Tusk to "Betray Fans".   Black Tusk to "Betray Fans". EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 1:51 am

Id still get it honsetly if it was not for Gears id still ne a ps3 fanboy lol, cousin gave me his old xbox and a copy of gears 1 was sold to it ever since!
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
xReviveMeFoolx

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Black Tusk to "Betray Fans".   Black Tusk to "Betray Fans". EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 3:32 pm

I don't envy Rod or the team at Black Tusk. Us gamers can be picky bastards especially with a franchise we love as much as we love Gears. I believe they will get it right. Rod left Epic because of Judgment. I don't see him allowing the same mistake to happen twice. I believe thats a good part of the reason Microsoft brought him back among all the obvious reasons of course.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Tusk to "Betray Fans".   Black Tusk to "Betray Fans". Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Tusk to "Betray Fans".
Page 1 of 1