Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread Empty
PostSubject: The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread   The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:47 am

Of course I'm not on the Beta yet but thought it would be a good idea to share Tips and Tricks for those not on yet or are about to join in
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread   The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:53 am

Well I'm on the Beta now so here's my first tip:

Try to play with friends or make new friends on the Beta to play with (or get friends from these forums to play with), otherwise you will get pissed with all the kill stealing
Back to top Go down
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Vambo

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

PostSubject: Re: The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread   The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:00 am

People really need to get over this 'kill stealing' thing.

Seriously... if you're bothered about team mates taking your downs then you may as well not play this game.

Any team mate is welcome to take one of my downs. I'm all about the team.

Playing with friends is always the preferred way on this game. It rewards team work.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

PostSubject: Re: The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread   The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:34 am

I agree with you Vambo in some repects but there are plenty situations where kill stealing takes the piss. If there's only 2 of you left and 1 enemy and you get the down and your team mate is far away and then you running to get the down thinking ok I'm gonna maul this guy to death then your team mate runs in saying me me me and boom he's dead. Would that not piss you off?

I'm not to bothered about kill stealing it will always be there and been there since the first Gears of War it's just 1000 times more noticeable in the Beta because it's happening very very often.

Like I said playing with a team of friends who communicate almost completely eliminates the kill stealing so I stand by my tip.
Back to top Go down
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Vambo

Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

PostSubject: Re: The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread   The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:05 am

There will always be those more interested in the KDR than winning the game and they will always look for the easy kill.
I've had some downs taken from me deliberately but I just brush them aside becasue the guy who took it got about 10pts whilst I get 100pts.

Back to top Go down
Jt7ice
Theron Sentinel
Theron Sentinel
Jt7ice

Number of posts : 326
Gamertag : jt7ice
GOW cash : 419

PostSubject: Re: The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread   The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:27 am

Vambo wrote:
There will always be those more interested in the KDR than winning the game and they will always look for the easy kill.
I've had some downs taken from me deliberately but I just brush them aside becasue the guy who took it got about 10pts whilst I get 100pts.

feels like this beta is becoming Call of duty: Gears
Back to top Go down
http://vwvortex.com
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread   The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Jt7ice wrote:
Vambo wrote:

feels like this beta is becoming Call of duty: Gears
i hate to say it but yeah it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread   The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Beta - Tips n Tricks thread
Page 1 of 1