Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shotgun Battle!!

Go down 
+4
W1Z22
ThePublicNME
whodeycp
curby
8 posters

SOS or Gnasher??
Sawed-off Shotgun
Shotgun Battle!! Voteleft6%Shotgun Battle!! Voteright
 6% [ 1 ]
Gnasher
Shotgun Battle!! Voteleft94%Shotgun Battle!! Voteright
 94% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
curby
Aaron Griffin
Aaron Griffin
curby

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 303
Gamertag : curby23
GOW cash : 354

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:52 am

So ive played with both and against also!!
Iam getting extremly annoyed by being killed with the SOS.....

What happened to a good old gnasher battle??

I go in thinking here we go battle on, then BANG im done off one shot!!!

A Noob's weapon??? or just an a annoying way to get an easy kill??

I say BAN the god damn Sawed-Off!!!!......... geek
Back to top Go down
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 433
GOW cash : 279

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:24 am

I am a fan of the gnasher. I personally hate the SOS and either want it gone or a pick up weapon.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptyFri May 06, 2011 9:19 am

Wow 4 votes already for the Gnasher. I hate the dam SOS, the Gnasher get's my vote all the way
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
W1Z22
Founding Member
Founding Member
W1Z22

Number of posts : 568
Gamertag : W1Z22
GOW cash : 518

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:32 am

i like the SOS
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:14 pm

gnasher
Back to top Go down
curby
Aaron Griffin
Aaron Griffin
curby

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:17 am

the sos is already beginning to kill the good old gnasher battle.. Evil or Very Mad
whats the point in having the gnasher now really?? everybody is using the sos online and its very hard to win a 1 on 1 against it.........
i think we are gonna have to get used to it coz its part of all the artwork and so on which tells me its going nowere....looks like i will have to become extremly fast with the gnasher or stay at a distance to prevent the sos doing any serious damage...
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:19 am

it's sad to say guess we either got to A: get used to it and use it or B: find a tactic to win against the SOS
Back to top Go down
curby
Aaron Griffin
Aaron Griffin
curby

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:23 am

i agree,,,,but how??? i guess distance is the key really....unless your being flanked then not much you can do really....
Back to top Go down
W1Z22
Founding Member
Founding Member
W1Z22

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:01 am

i use the sos and i get pwned by gnasher's all the time.. you get 1 shot.. ifyou miss....9/10 times you're dead within a second...it has more negitives about it than positives
Back to top Go down
Touchyfeely92
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 10
Gamertag : Touchyfeely92
GOW cash : 16

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:01 pm

I personally think that the only way to fight off the Sos with the gnashers is like what everyone said, distance. Like they have one shot to kill you which has 1 extra *circle of damage* 5 circles for Sos 4 for gnasher. 2 Distance circles for gnashers and 1 for Sos. So the ways I've been merking the Sos is to shoot roll back shoot roll back. Kiting basically. You have about 8 shots i believe they have 1 and a long active reload bar. Well I hope they take out the Sos. What's the point of having 2 shot guns? To make it look fancy? New releases? Idk thats just my opinion Gnasher all the way =)
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:55 pm

Touchyfeely92 wrote:
I personally think that the only way to fight off the Sos with the gnashers is like what everyone said, distance. Like they have one shot to kill you which has 1 extra *circle of damage* 5 circles for Sos 4 for gnasher. 2 Distance circles for gnashers and 1 for Sos. So the ways I've been merking the Sos is to shoot roll back shoot roll back. Kiting basically. You have about 8 shots i believe they have 1 and a long active reload bar. Well I hope they take out the Sos. What's the point of having 2 shot guns? To make it look fancy? New releases? Idk thats just my opinion Gnasher all the way =)

+1 to this. That's a dam good question.
Back to top Go down
W1Z22
Founding Member
Founding Member
W1Z22

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:16 am

Ninja wrote:
Touchyfeely92 wrote:

+1 to this. That's a dam good question.

so you can varry your playing style! DUR!!
Back to top Go down
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Vambo

Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:42 am

To be honest with Gnasher battles not as easy to come by it actually makes it better when you do get one. Had some crackers on the beta.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:15 am

Fuk that Sawed-off shotgun it's just killing Gears of War for me. I miss the days back in the first Gears of War.

Had some good shotgun battles myself in the beta so far it seems less and less are using the SOS as the Beta goes on...
Back to top Go down
whodeycp
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter
whodeycp

Number of posts : 433
GOW cash : 279

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Shotgun battles will not exist anymore with SOS being around. Another thing that has gone missing in this Gears is two piecing. I have not done this once in Gears 3 because out of fear someone is going to take me out with the SOS. Get rid of it!
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:06 am

I agree fuck the Sawed and the Retro Lancer. Personally, I have been experiencing people abusing the stupid ass Retro Lancer more then the Sawed off.. I have adjusted to the Saw off, just try to get a down instead of bodying them. That's what I have been doing. But yeah, the Gnasher is slowly dieing and going away thanks to the COD players want having there cheap ass weapons to get a quick kill. No offense if you play COD but I think the game has no skill because it's pretty much your seen, your dead. It's pretty bad when 8 year olds Mastered that game.

You go onto Gears of War you will not find very many good 8 year olds, why? Because it takes skill. You go onto Gears of War 3 you will find 8 year olds getting successful. It's really pissing me off, it's really annoying when people think there good because they went 20-7 using Retro and Sawed off, when personally those ass holes couldn't kill me without the 2.
Back to top Go down
http://thewargods.weebly.com
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:21 am

Glad it's not just me then hating the Sawed Off Shotgun. I use the Retro lancer though mainly because it has a melee with it and sometimes I enjoy charging in and sticking someone with it. I mainly walk around with the Gnasher in hand though I guess it's hard to get out of old habits!
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:24 am

Yeah, it's fun to use the Retro lancer to stab people, I don't have a problem with people using the Retro Correctly, but when people use it like it's a shotgun and hipfire and circle you it pisses me off lol..
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:35 am

I've done the hip fire close range thing myself but only when someone is all over me and I was caught unawares with little time to change to the shotgun it's like a panic mechanism lol just shoot aimlessly but yea I can see why that would be annoying lol
Back to top Go down
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master
v Wookiee v

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:39 am

If you get a good team the games less annoying but if your alone with randoms the game sucks because you always get raped because no one has your back, and when they do, they steal your kills... SO ANNOYING! Then you spawn and they use the Retro and down you instantly also adds some annoying moments to it. Then there is ALWAYS that camper with the Sawed-off in the corner just waiting there the entire game just for 1 kill and it happens to be YOU. The game is all around annoying if you don't play with the right people.. It can be Really fun or Really annoying.. It's never in the middle for me lol.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:15 am

If you watch this video at about 2.40 you will see the SOS vs Gnasher. Guy just misses me but you can see the blast, and then he gets owned by the Gnasher Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnnirzo18s8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shotgun Battle!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shotgun Battle!!   Shotgun Battle!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Shotgun Battle!!
Page 1 of 1