Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft Was Going to Buy SEGA, Says Ex-Exec

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

Microsoft Was Going to Buy SEGA, Says Ex-Exec Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft Was Going to Buy SEGA, Says Ex-Exec   Microsoft Was Going to Buy SEGA, Says Ex-Exec EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:47 pm

In an attempt to halt PlayStation’s domination of the console market, Microsoft wanted to buy Sega.

That’s according to ex-Microsoft “enforcer” Joachim Kempin, who revealed that Bill Gates eventually nixed the idea as he believed SEGA lacked “the muscle” to take on Sony.

“There were three companies at that point in time, I think this was Sony, SEGA and Nintendo,” said Kempin. “There was always talk maybe we buy SEGA or something like that; that never materialised.”

He went on to say that in place of the deal, Microsoft ended up licensing Windows CE support for SEGA’s Dreamcast console.

“We were actually able to license them what they call Windows CE, the younger brother of Windows, to run on their system and make that their platform.”

“But for Bill [Gates] this wasn’t enough, he didn’t think that SEGA had enough muscle to eventually stop Sony so we did our own Xbox thing,” he continued.

“There were some talks but it never materialised because SEGA was a very different bird. It was always Sony and Nintendo, right? And Nintendo had some financial trouble at that point in time, so Sony came out with the PlayStation and bang! They took off, and everyone else was left behind.”

Earlier this week, Kempin revealed that Microsoft entered the console race because it was feared that the PlayStation may eventually come to threaten Microsoft’s primary interest, the PC.

[Via x360a]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Was Going to Buy SEGA, Says Ex-Exec   Microsoft Was Going to Buy SEGA, Says Ex-Exec EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:11 am

i dont know why but one day i was daydreaming at work, and swore that Microsoft bought out Nintendo.....yes i know its stupid lol, but i went to arcade games looking for The Legend of Zelda lol, to download it because i loved that game when i was growing up.
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator
TheBlueOmen

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Was Going to Buy SEGA, Says Ex-Exec   Microsoft Was Going to Buy SEGA, Says Ex-Exec EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:12 am

Having Zelda on Xbox with achievement would be just amazing. Lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Was Going to Buy SEGA, Says Ex-Exec   Microsoft Was Going to Buy SEGA, Says Ex-Exec Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Was Going to Buy SEGA, Says Ex-Exec
Page 1 of 1