Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XBO will not play your XBLA Games!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

XBO will not play your XBLA Games! Empty
PostSubject: XBO will not play your XBLA Games!   XBO will not play your XBLA Games! EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Microsoft confirms Xbox Live Arcade games from Xbox 360 won't work on next-generation platform.

Gamers hoping to bring their library of Xbox Live Arcade games with them to the Xbox One are out of luck. Microsoft has confirmed that these games will not carry over to the next-generation platform.

"Those games will continue to run on your Xbox 360 for as long as your Xbox 360 runs," Microsoft Game Studios VP Phil Spencer told GameSpot. "The box is not backward compatible and we think for somebody who invests in a large digital library that you want to keep your [Xbox 360]. Keep that as a vibrant part of the ecosystem."

Continuing to play on an Xbox 360 while others are on Xbox One won't be an alienating experience, Spencer said, because friends lists and achievements will remain constant between both platforms.

"That's why we've made sure that your identity, your friends, are constant between both platforms. You don't have a separate identity on Xbox one or [Xbox 360]; it's the same, you are you," Spencer said. "My friend's network is the same on both boxes, my achievements are the same. So we think that service component is an important component to keep constant across both devices."

The Xbox One not only does not support XBLA titles, but it will not be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games.
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: XBO will not play your XBLA Games!   XBO will not play your XBLA Games! EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:40 pm

What! That's a complete joke! No wonder they have been having alot of sales!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King
Ninja

Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: XBO will not play your XBLA Games!   XBO will not play your XBLA Games! EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:50 pm

I know, it's getting worse by the minute.

They'd better pull out some good news soon or people will start cancelling preorders.

Me included. Mad
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
SnarlingCandy

Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: XBO will not play your XBLA Games!   XBO will not play your XBLA Games! EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:13 pm

Cause it's not like you can trade them! They really do need some pretty $hit hot games cause they really are taking the mick! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker
Corroded

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: XBO will not play your XBLA Games!   XBO will not play your XBLA Games! EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:10 am

Ive actually changed my mind, until they come out with the next Gears on Xbox One, i wont buy the console at all..ill just keep my 360.
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
Phenom 247
Phenom 247

Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: XBO will not play your XBLA Games!   XBO will not play your XBLA Games! EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:29 am

Whelp, this just made an easy decision even easier....no new console for me any time soon!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XBO will not play your XBLA Games!   XBO will not play your XBLA Games! Empty

Back to top Go down

XBO will not play your XBLA Games!
Page 1 of 1