Gears of War Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not that many people playing...

Go down 
+7
Congreth
ThePublicNME
Losthalo51
dudemaster12
Mike NFCT
ClayCarmine
YOUNG MONEY 511
11 posters
AuthorMessage
YOUNG MONEY 511
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear
YOUNG MONEY 511

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 238
GOW cash : 101

Not that many people playing... Empty
PostSubject: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:15 am

I've noticed that there isnt that many people playing... I know the games been out for a week but I thought like at-least 1million would be playing by now.. I check throughout the day and I've never seen more than 150k (adding all play list together)
Back to top Go down
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
ClayCarmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:24 am

I'm quite surprised tbh, i was playing wingman a couple of days ago and it said 62, people were playing in my region :O
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:13 am

Recession...and you have to consider that the majority of Gears gamers are idiotic adolescents who are currently still getting their fix from COD Zombies and Dead Island. Hmm...that's elementary my dear Watson, elementary!

Don't believe me? (SPOILER):

See Lambent, specifically human-Lambent: Idiotic Zombie AI that are easily dispatched.
Back to top Go down
dudemaster12
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
dudemaster12

Number of posts : 67
Gamertag : Dudemaster12
GOW cash : 82

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:00 am

I have noticed that the numbers aren't high but I never really have a problem finding a game to join. I still remember the Gears 2 launch and the horrendous amount of time that it took to find a game... those were dark times.
Back to top Go down
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine
Losthalo51

Number of posts : 1254
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:13 am

Yeah If Epic actually had the community give them Ideas of what the community would of loved to see in it, Specifically MP it probably would have been flying off the shelves.
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:06 pm

Losthalo51 wrote:
Yeah If Epic actually had the community give them Ideas of what the community would of loved to see in it, Specifically MP it probably would have been flying off the shelves.

Like CLAN TAGS!
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:08 am

Also the game has already grossed more than any other release this year in its first week, and surpassed even Crysis 2 on all platforms

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/09/gears-of-war-3-tops-3-million-in-sales-in-first-week/1

Back to top Go down
dudemaster12
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
dudemaster12

Number of posts : 67
Gamertag : Dudemaster12
GOW cash : 82

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:17 am

Is that 3 million units or dollars? They should really specify that... I assume dollars but Units would be even more impressive! Oh wow it's copies. I just found it on another site... well done Epic! you got 6 times the amount of Killzone 3 week 1 sales. Fanboys... eat your hearts out!
Back to top Go down
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:42 am

dudemaster12 wrote:
Is that 3 million units or dollars? They should really specify that... I assume dollars but Units would be even more impressive! Oh wow it's copies. I just found it on another site... well done Epic! you got 6 times the amount of Killzone 3 week 1 sales. Fanboys... eat your hearts out!

Could you spawn rape in KZ3? That's what I want to know. Sure happens a lot here.
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:41 am

YOUNG MONEY 511 wrote:
I've noticed that there isnt that many people playing... I know the games been out for a week but I thought like at-least 1million would be playing by now.. I check throughout the day and I've never seen more than 150k (adding all play list together)

It doesn't include the countless numbers in private matches and playing in the campaign so it' not really a true figure to go from combining the playlists together.

I'm sure the numbers will rise once everyones finished going through the campaign a few times.

I remember on the wednesday day after release I went to play Beast mode and it said 2 players playing in your region affraid and I think it was only about 10 worldwide!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Congreth
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
Congreth

Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : Congreth
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:28 am

Epic said "We are not looking for Call of Duty numbers, but we are hoping for at least Halo numbers" when referring to their opening turnout, lost the link to the article though...

I find that the game is well known, but not popular to play which I believe is because it's so different from the same recycled shooters that many are too scared to change.

Luckily Gears has a loyal following that is growing, and I believe with the release of Gears of War 3 (once it catches on) may have some high numbers yet!

I do hear mixed feelings about this game, though I personally believe it's the best in the Trilogy to date
Back to top Go down
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear
Vambo

Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:26 am

Most people who bought Gears 3 won't/don't play versus.
Only a small percentage of Gears 2 owners actually bothered to download the free flashback map pack that they got with new copies of the game and there's nothing to suggest that it'll be any different with Gears 3.
Private Horde is where you'll find a lot of players.
Back to top Go down
androsity13
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear
androsity13

Number of posts : 82
Gamertag : androsity13
GOW cash : 94

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:56 am

yeah...it's sold 3 million plus copies so far. i'd say that's pretty damn good!
Back to top Go down
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator
ThePublicNME

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:49 am

Vambo wrote:
Private Horde is where you'll find a lot of players.

I agree with this I bet most of the people playing Gears of War 3 are in private Horde. Whenever I look at my friends list when I'm in the lobby the majority are in Horde.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
†OROCHI CARMINE†
New Recruit
New Recruit
†OROCHI CARMINE†

Number of posts : 4
Gamertag : DESPERATECRACKH
GOW cash : 6

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:58 am

MOARRR
Back to top Go down
nbomb12
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 4
Gamertag : NBOMB12
GOW cash : 6

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:19 am

Lets not forget that there's tons of players who just play any game to get achievements. I have many friends like this, it's kind of dumb. For me, I loooove this game! The multiplayer is great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not that many people playing...   Not that many people playing... Empty

Back to top Go down

Not that many people playing...
Page 1 of 1